Cats The Musical

Chat about other shows here
angelenroute
Billy

Re: Cats The Musical

Post by angelenroute »

For anyone who follows the show as I do, this is sad news indeed, but not unexpected. Revivals don't seem to last too long (I shudder to think about my favorite show in that instance, though there are exceptions to the rule). When I went this past Monday night with four friends, I was able to get us tickets for only $30 each using my Audience Rewards points (500 points + $30 each). That's a fantastic deal, but also made me worry (that plus the fact they weren't selling any 2018 tickets yet).

At the stage door, I spoke to Tyler Hanes who plays The Rum Tum Tugger, and he told me they are planning to do more What's New Pussycat installments still, so I hope we'll get to see more behind-the-scenes fun. I'd love to see them film this production, too, but I won't hold my breath. While I missed Giuseppe this time, my third time seeing this production, the show in general is the strongest I've seen it yet. Lighting, singing, and dancing were all exceptional.

There's one Grizabella (Mamie Parris) moment I don't recall being anywhere near as palpable the first two times I saw the show, as she actually looks like some sort of panther walking along the back of the stage in the moonlight. It was so cool. In my previous two times, Mamie/Leona didn't look so much like a real animal as they moved. New cast members combined with stellar originals made for a brilliant team through and through. I have every expectation of seeing the show at least one more time before the end of the year, and would recommend you all see it if you can. My friend Brenna who saw and loved the original production told me this one is even better than the original.

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”