Holiday Inn

Chat about other shows here
atreyu
George

Holiday Inn

Post by atreyu »

A live stream of Holiday Inn will be produced this evening, Saturday, January 14 from Studio 54 ahead of the closing performance on Sunday. To view the stream, one must be a subscriber to BroadwayHD. Although it appears that the $7.99 single event option is not available, even the $14.99/month charge is less than Fathom Events. Plus you don't have to leave the house!

Danny Rutigliano - BETM Broadway's final Big Davey and Fulton's George - plays a role he originated at Goodspeed where Holiday Inn first premiered.

The work may well fit the pejorative description of an Irving Berlin jukebox musical, but I found it to be enjoyable. Corbin Bleu is very light on his feet and with good singers doing good arrangements of Irving Berlin standards, there are lots of toes tapping through the performance.

One more thing that really impressed me and we'll see if it is the same in the broadcast: The conductor had a music stand in front of him, but it is merely a rest for the baton. He does not rely on sheet music at all! I know this isn't the first time this is being done, but in my experiences it has been extremely rare.

Return to “Discuss all other Shows - New York”