Janet Dickinson - Mrs. W. : Tour . . . North Shore/Fulton

rob_hanson1979
George

Re: Janet Dickinson - Mrs. Wilkinson

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I definately agree. I have seen her 5 times now, and she is wonderful. I also met her on sunday, and she was very kind and sweet. If the tour does end, I am sure whatever show snaps her up will benefit greatly. Maybe she could transfer to London!!!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The website Sound + Noise.com has an interview with Janet today:

http://thesoundandnoise.com/2013/03/15/ ... ly-elliot/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link. That's an excellent interview.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

porschesrule wrote:Broadway World interviews Janet:

http://losangeles.broadwayworld.com/art ... T-20130423
I loved her answer for things that make her really laugh:
Oh, well, it's usually when something [bad] happens on-stage. You know, you try to hold it together, but then once you go off-stage, that might make me laugh uncontrollably. It's really hard to keep a straight face when something goes wrong on-stage. Well, it's live theater, you know?
...She definitely did this in Baltimore when Ben's slippers were tied up when he first got them from Mrs. W. and even more so when Noah's were all tied up too the following performance! It was so funny watching her laugh at the situation. :D
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:I definately agree. I have seen her 5 times now, and she is wonderful. I also met her on sunday, and she was very kind and sweet.
Ditto. I had a chance to say hi to her when she and Mitchell posed for pics after the Vancouver weeknight show, for Broadway Cares fund raising. She was very gracious and seemed genuinely content to be interacting with audience members one on one. We both agreed on the uber adorableness of the evening's Billy. She saw that I was a card carrying BETM fan (i.e. was in fan drag) so I think she made a point of connecting with me, which was appreciated. I was not disappointed. Very Classy Lady! Hope she gets to play Mame one day!
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
Mactor17
Small Boy

Post by Mactor17 »

I got to meet Janet for a minute after today's show and she is very kind. It took two shows with her absence for me to really understand the brilliance she brings to the role. Her singing was the best I ever heard it this afternoon.

Billy: Ben 4, Joseph 3.25, Noah 3, Kyland 2, Mitchell 2 Julian 1.25, Tade 1.25, Michael 1, Drew 1 , Peter .5
Michaels: Cameron 6.5, Jake 3, Jack 2.5, Ethan 2, Sam 2, Ben 1, Keean 1
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

I agree. Although I did enjoy seeing both Cara and Molly give their own takes on the role, it was great to have Janet back for the final two shows this weekend. As you said, she is quite brilliant as Mrs. W.
:/
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I want to leave a special comment here for Janet, as I adore her as an actress and as a human being. Granted, we don't know each other personally, but she seems like such a good soul. Her speech at Noah's farewell performance was so beautiful, and she highlighted so many different folks in the cast and crew who were leaving the production after Sunday, or who had been with them all from the beginning. And she thanked not only the family members from the stage, but the many fans of the show too. That's not often said, so I certainly really appreciated that very, very much!

"I wanna thank you for everything you've done for Billy. I really appreciate it." Love you forever, and hope to see you perform in NY sometime in the near future!

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Janet is in the cast of the new musical of Woody Allen's "Bullets Over Broadway", which will begin previews in March.

http://www.bulletsoverbroadway.com/company.php <---Click the right arrow about 4 times.
http://playbill.com/events/event_detail ... es-Theatre
:/

Return to “Cast - Fulton Theatre”