Getting to AFAS Circustheater Den Haag?!

simonp
Audience Member

Getting to AFAS Circustheater Den Haag?!

Post by simonp »

So I live in France (where musical theatre is a little light!) and fancy seeing Billy in Holland.

Any tips for getting there?

Rotterdam doesn't appear to have much of an airport so guess it means flying to Amsterdam? Train from there perhaps?

Cheers!
FlyingDutchfan
Small Boy

Re: Getting to AFAS Circustheater Den Haag?!

Post by FlyingDutchfan »

Trains between Schiphol (Amsterdam Airport) and The Hague run very frequently and take about 30 minutes.

As an alternative to flying, train connections between Paris and Rotterdam/The Hague are pretty decent as well, but whether this comes in handy for you depends obviously on your starting point within France.
simonp
Audience Member

Post by simonp »

Thanks FlyingDutchfan - sounds like flying to Amsterdam is the answer (I'm a long way South of Paris!)
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Mind that Schiphol is located towards Den Haag when you look for the right platform don't board via Amsterdam. There are trains stopping exclusive at Den Haag HS (Hollands Spoor) and trains direct and exclusive for Den Haag Central wich is a terminus station. Will say if the train's destination is Den Haag Central, it won't call at HS, if it's destination is other than Den Haag, it won't call at Den Haag Central. You may change in Leiden.
From HS are there 2 tramlines to Scheveningen Noorderstrand(or Zwarte Pad) : Line 1 via 'Centrum' and line 9 via the trainstation 'Den Haag Central'. Line 1 to Kurhaus or one stop before, line 9 to Circustheater. From the Central Station there's also a bus 22 towards Duindorp your stop is Kurhaus or one stop before.
When you're going back to the airport make shure you board not only a train to Amsterdam but one that stops in Schiphol. Or change trains in Leiden.

The Den Haag public transportation with a downloadable PDF net-map: http://www.htm.nl
Bus and tram drivers accept cash. 2€ ->valid one hour.

useful android tool: 'haaglanden ov' by stadsgewest haaglanden or for trains : 'ns reisplanner xtra' or 'nl train navigator' - all free and no ads.
If you want internet: lebara prepaid with data : it worked ad hoc for me.

Bon Voyage :D
simonp
Audience Member

Post by simonp »

Thanks guys!

Any tips for seats? I usually like front row stalls (aisle seat) - are they any good or would you recommend something else?
onceagain
Tall Boy

Post by onceagain »

As long as you skip the first three rows you should be fine (much like the VPT the stage is quite high). You might want to avoid the far sides as well, but apart from that the stalls are very very good!
simonp
Audience Member

Post by simonp »

Is the front row stalls really bad? I'm 6ft ish!

There's a couple of seats on the front row but everything else is pants for the night I want :(
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

The stagefloor is lower than the VPT - I don't know about that feetinchy system but I'm not tall, just 1.72m and my nose was just as or a bit above stage level when I sat first row. Thus unlike London I could see the actors' feet.

Another thing: Rows 1,2,3,4,5 have the best legroom. The very first row(1a) is a bit pressed against the orchestra pit's barrier.
Row 1(second row behind row 1a) seats 7,5,3,1,2,4,6 are behind the MD's pulpit(quite like the one in the VPT) and especially seats 7 and 6 have extra legroom.
simonp
Audience Member

Post by simonp »

thm wrote:The stagefloor is lower than the VPT - I don't know about that feetinchy system but I'm not tall, just 1.72m and my nose was just as or a bit above stage level when I sat first row.
Ha! Sorry - I'm about 180cm - would you say the front row is fine?

EDIT: Oh well I've gone for row 1a seat 22 this Sunday.

Excited!
thm
Miner

Post by thm »

Absolutely!!

Edit:
simonp wrote: EDIT: Oh well I've gone for row 1a seat 22 this Sunday.
(Edit: end of row 1a - I see) Did you use the interactive seating map? That's the linkbox with a little picture of the seats which says :"Of kies je eigen stoelen met een plattegrond ...." that you get to see after you picked a date.

Return to “Netherlands Archive”