February 2015 Reviews - Netherlands

Zweaplight
Tall Boy

Re: February 2015 Reviews - Netherlands

Post by Zweaplight »

So, I went to see the show again yesterday and it was just as amazing as the first time.
Stijn was a marvellous Billy and really funny. And then there's Noah as Michael, he was a blast. I couldn't stop laughing during Expressing Yourself.
There were a few things that went wrong during the show, like Billy losing his boxing hat or during Dream Ballet where one of the mid air spins didn't quite work out. But I'm certain that people who saw the show for the first time wouldn't have noticed these little things.
Overall, it was great and I'm sure I'm going to see it again sometime in the future.

And I must agree with Simon that the Dutch production is better than the London one, based on Billy Live. Especially Expressing Yourself is better in my opinion.

(Also got a pic from the theatre outside and the curtain call, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to share that last one?)
Lukas
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The only time we allow photos taken of a performance is when we have been given permission for special shows, and that permission is usually for the part of the curtain call after the chair lift. Since we don't know what the photo policy is at theatre in the Hague, we can only go by those guidelines, which don't apply to ordinary performances.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
onceagain
Tall Boy

Post by onceagain »

ERinVA wrote:The only time we allow photos taken of a performance is when we have been given permission for special shows, and that permission is usually for the part of the curtain call after the chair lift. Since we don't know what the photo policy is at theatre in the Hague, we can only go by those guidelines, which don't apply to ordinary performances.
As far as I know there is no policy prohibiting taking photos at curtain call; people have been doing it since the start and no one has ever been asked to stop taking pictures (I know this does not necessarily mean it is explicitly allowed but it does seem to be tolerated).
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for that information, onceagain.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Netherlands Archive”