ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

How Billy Elliot swept the globe

Post by ERinVA »

Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
pexcornel
Miner

Re: How Billy Elliot swept the globe

Post by pexcornel »

As Stephen Daldry says: “This is a show we consciously did without irony at a point when the world had become very ironic. We decided that for this one, we’d wear our hearts on our sleeves. For all of us working on it, the best way of describing it is to say we meant it.”

This is exactly how I feel. I told my dad on our way to the VPT: "Dad, this is the best place in London, this is the essence of everything I stand for. This is the truth."
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.
Meagan312
Ballet Girl

Post by Meagan312 »

Thats a really great article. :)
'This is not a time to beat about the bush. Billy Elliot strikes me as the greatest British musical I have seen.” - :D :D :D

Thanks
Aus
22.03.09 - Michael.Joel.Isabelle
14.06.09- Josh D.Landen.Nina
UK
2.10.09 - Brad.Connor D.Francesca

It's like that there's a music playing in your ear, and I'm listening and I'm listening, and then I dissapear
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

A fabulous and informative bit of writing setting the scene perfectly.

Cautious note: avoid reading the subsequent comments - you will end up performing your own angry dance! :x
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

burtond wrote:Cautious note: avoid reading the subsequent comments - you will end up performing your own angry dance! :x
Mmm............. I see you what you mean :evil: :evil: :evil:
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Meagan312
Ballet Girl

Post by Meagan312 »

Even though you said don't read the comments Burtond, I did. Hmmmm *angry dances* :evil: , I'm so sick of hearing about how the swearing is a bad influence for kids. News flash, I was that age not too long ago, and that is exactly how kids talk amongst themselves.

Still a great article though, I also enjoyed reading the original review of the show. :D
Aus
UK

It's like that there's a music playing in your ear, and I'm listening and I'm listening, and then I dissapear
Thomas
Ballet Girl

Post by Thomas »

The article is really good. The comments are from people that seem to live in a different world. I always wonder in these cases, whether I should post another comment. But this gives the existing comments more importance, as it means, they were recognized.
Leon 1, Fox 5, Ollie 8.5, Tom 3.5, Dean 11, Rhys 8, Aaron 5, Scott 5, Josh 4, Adam 4, Ryan 4
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Thomas wrote:The article is really good. The comments are from people that seem to live in a different world. I always wonder in these cases, whether I should post another comment. But this gives the existing comments more importance, as it means, they were recognized.
I adopted the same stance Thomas. Balderdash!!! :evil:
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Meagan312
Ballet Girl

Post by Meagan312 »

Yes, whenever I hear of someone who hasn't enjoyed the show it makes me wonder whether they saw the same show, or perhaps were wearing a blind fold.
Balderdash!!!
Sorry, but this word makes me giggle. :lol:
Aus
UK

Return to “Archive”