Pork Pie Line - 5th Anniversary Performance

hammy
Ballet Girl

Pork Pie Line - 5th Anniversary Performance

Post by hammy »

Hi guys,
I need your help.
For some time now the show has been absent of a certain line. A line i have greatly missed. There has been efforts to try and get the line returned but it has not happened. So here's the mission. I call it

"One night, one line..."

The mission is to try and get the line into the 5th Anniversary performance. It's going to be a special night so it could be possible for the producers to put it in for one night. So show your support. Post comments below. Send letters to the theatre (could someone please tell me where the best place to send a letter would be) and basically keep the pork pie line alive.
Here is my letter.

"Dear cool people who make the awesome show Billy Elliot the Musical possible,

I am writing this in a hope that somehow this message will get to you. You never know, maybe some of the awesome fans of the forum or a cast/crew/ will see this and will somehow make it to the person who can make this possible.

As the 5th birthday grows closer i want to ask if you could add one tiny incy bitty line. And it's not even a new line, it's an old one a favourite among many fans. Yes i'm writing of course of the amazing, the outstanding, the very humorous and brilliant line
"Oh Grandma, there's half a pork pie in me shoe," fondly known among fans as "the pork pie line."
It has been missing from the show for some time now and still hasn't made a triumphant return.
So to make the 5th birthday show even more that little bit better (i know it's already going to be the most amazing thing ever) could you please, please, (and so on and so forth for about 2 weeks) include it in this one special night. Can you imagine, all the people from the forum sitting there...waiting...waiting and then Billy delivers the line and there is a humongous applause. I really want this so much i have drawn a brilliant (i'm sure you'll agree) picture of what it would be like.

It really would be amazing to have the line back for just one night. It has been a campaign of mine and others for it to come back for some time. So here is the chance for it to come back without having to return forever. One night, one line...that is all.

Thank you,
Hammy."

I did it in a fun way instead of a more traditional letter (which is what i would send to the theatre)

So guys, let us get the great pork pie line back for one night.

One night, one line.

Banner if you would like one
Put the imagine either side to put in your banner - http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d111/ ... orkpie.jpg
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
billymadxx
Audience Member

Re: Pork Pie Line - 5th Anniversary Performance

Post by billymadxx »

That is genius, i miss that line a lot
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I'm in. I'll change my signature after December 10th.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
NoDayButToday
Tall Boy

Post by NoDayButToday »

what a great idea! I'm in!
Layton x1 Brad x1 Ollie x2 Fox x1 Tom x1(5th bday show) Dean CC x1

:)
scottyboy
Small Boy

Post by scottyboy »

Sounds good lets go for it!
Sam x4 Hogan x2 Fox x12 Layton x2 Brad x6 Tanner x3 Tom x9 Ollie x7 Dean x5 Rhys x2
PaulWilly
Ballet Girl

Post by PaulWilly »

Here's the link to an audio with that funny phrase again:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VZKxxcQQMg
:D ;)
“It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
hammy
Ballet Girl

Post by hammy »

Thanks guys for all the support and thanks so much PaulWilly for that awesome audio clip :D
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I tried to add the banner to my signature, and got a message that "the dimensions of the image could not be determined." Then I tried just opening the link, and got a page that said the image had been removed. :?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
hammy
Ballet Girl

Post by hammy »

Hmm that's interesting, it looks like the site is compacting the link but i can still get it to work. i've split it in two, put them together, does this help?
http://i34.photobucket.com/
albums/d111/sazzy1234/porkpie.jpg
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

That worked, thanks. :D Just had to highlight both lines and copy, then paste and put them all on one line before surrounding with the Img brackets.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Archive”