BETM Broadway Posts a Strong Week

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

BETM Broadway Posts a Strong Week

Post by porschesrule »

Looks like BETM Broadway is doing OK financially.

Boosted by the traditional holiday period that brings many tourists to NYC, BETM reported grossing over $1.5M last week for only the 4th time in its history on Broadway. As reported by Broadwayworld.com, it was the first time the show had attained that weekly level since the heady post Tony Award days of the Fall of 2009.

A complete analysis of the show's weekly grosses can be made by clicking on the link, below. You can view the data by year or even export the historical information into a spreadsheet format so you can see the entire history at a glance.

http://www2.broadwayworld.com/grossessh ... %20MUSICAL
phoebe
Debbie

Re: BETM Broadway Posts a Strong Week

Post by phoebe »

Wonderful!

I read that Wicked, which has been showing continuously for ? years since it opened, grossed over $2million -- a new record for one week. I guess the economic recovery has arrived!
Moby-Dick
Tall Boy

Post by Moby-Dick »

Wowza! That's really wonderful news. Glad to hear that the show is doing so well financially.

Thanks for the interesting link, porschesrule! It was fun looking at the stats. (Yes, am a bit of a dork. :mrgreen: )
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Here is a list of the grosses for all the Broadway shows. There are some impressive figures in there.

The one that amazes me is Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark. It is getting terrible reviews and 4 cast members have been injured up to now. I suppose it could be the car crash mentality.

http://broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Moby-Dick
Tall Boy

Post by Moby-Dick »

Billy Whiz wrote:The one that amazes me is Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark. It is getting terrible reviews and 4 cast members have been injured up to now. I suppose it could be the car crash mentality.
Whoa. Car crash mentality, indeed. Those numbers came as a complete surprise to me. It'll be v. interesting to see how the show fares as the problems and injuries get sorted out...Perhaps the show can continue to ride on all the inadvertent publicity? :shock:
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

I imagine "Spiderman" is riding the wave of the movies' popularity. Plus, it's a fairly kid-friendly show based on a familiar comic book, so it's probably a case of the kids talking their parents into taking them to see it !
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I haven't really been looking for reviews, but since it is still in previews, those that are out there must be blogs because the critics will not review it until press night.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Todd wrote: Plus, it's a fairly kid-friendly show based on a familiar comic book, so it's probably a case of the kids talking their parents into taking them to see it !
I'm not sure how "kid-friendly" it is --- doesn't it have an "R" rating for all the violence in it? :p
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Broadway shows aren't rated as movies are, but the Spider-Man movies have been PG-13.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Post by Musical Fanatic »

Billy Whiz wrote:Here is a list of the grosses for all the Broadway shows. There are some impressive figures in there.

The one that amazes me is Spiderman: Turn Off the Dark. It is getting terrible reviews and 4 cast members have been injured up to now. I suppose it could be the car crash mentality.

http://broadwayworld.com/grosses.cfm
That would not surprise me Billy Whiz. People going to the show to see what will go wrong next.
Bre*st Cancer awareness. My
Mom is now a ! year survivor

Return to “Archive”