Billy Dreams / Salary

booth088
Tall Boy

Re: Billy Dreams / Salary

Post by booth088 »

Which is why I spoke only to Equity Guarantees and general policy.
Mingo
Audience Member

Post by Mingo »

Go home Billy wrote:
shimmyshimmy wrote:... 2) it was none of my business.
Hear, hear to that.

I don't think the actors' pay is a subject which should be discussed on the Forum.

I meant to clarify but I guess I did not that I really don't care how much they get paid, I just was curious if they got paid at all. My apologies if I crossed a boundary.
booth088
Tall Boy

Post by booth088 »

Mingo wrote:
Go home Billy wrote:
shimmyshimmy wrote:... 2) it was none of my business.
Hear, hear to that.

I don't think the actors' pay is a subject which should be discussed on the Forum.

I meant to clarify but I guess I did not that I really don't care how much they get paid, I just was curious if they got paid at all. My apologies if I crossed a boundary.
Asking isn't really a huge deal. In all reality it should be no bigger of a deal than asking what a sports star gets paid. It is the entertainment industry. Their "worth" per-say as a salary is related to their value on a ticket sale basis.

The friends that I have in the entertainment industry on both the performance and production sides really don't care if you ask them what they get paid. And a couple are actually very willing to volunteer that information especially to those interested in pursuing a career in the industry. Always nice to know what you are getting yourself into.

This question gets discussed all the time all over the place, especially on the broadwayworld.com forum. Frequently threads are started there on this topic, and always someone is willing to give them at least a general answer.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Mingo, do not worry about having asked the question. It was a reasonable question, and you weren't asking how much they got paid, only if they did.
The question was answered, but now it has morphed into whether the general public should have access to the details of the Billys' salaries. As far as the forum is concerned, that information is between the company and the performers, so I think it's time to lock this thread now and move on.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Archive”