Prices are going Down

johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Prices are going Down

Post by johnnyc »

It appears that the global monetary troubles are making my trips to London to see Billy more affordable. :D I first paid $1395 for round-trip (return) airfare for my upcoming 26 May - 1 June visit. Then recently, United advertised the same itinerary at $620! :o So I rebooked my flights at the lower fare, saving a lot of money, even considering the $200 penalty United charges for making changes to an international flight.

Then, just recently, I got a special promotional email from my London hotel, The Rubens. It seem the double room I had booked in January at £152 per night was now available at £124, with the added bonus of an automatic upgrade to a larger king room! :shock: Needless to say, I wasted no time in changing my reservation. :)

The icing on the cake is that U.S. currency has increased considerably in value compared to the UK pound since my last trip in December 2008. Now, if only the VPT would get into the act by promoting say, two performances for the price of one, I would be very happy indeed. :D Hmm..too bad I already purchased my tickets. Oh well.
jen
Miner

Re: Prices are going Down

Post by jen »

Trouble is if us Brits want to go to Broadway it is more expensive!
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

jen wrote:Trouble is if us Brits want to go to Broadway it is more expensive!
Very true jen and guess who's going in June. My bank account is going to be cleaned out.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Steamboy
Tall Boy

Post by Steamboy »

johnnyc wrote:Now, if only the VPT would get into the act by promoting say, two performances for the price of one, I would be very happy indeed. :D Hmm..too bad I already purchased my tickets.
What, you didn't purchase two tickets for each performance, like usual? 8-) ;) :D
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Steamboy wrote: What, you didn't purchase two tickets for each performance, like usual? 8-) ;) :D
I've tried to get out of that bad habit. But then I recently ended up with two tickets to each of three Broadway performances of BETM. :oops: O well, it made one forum member and two eBayers happy. :)
Dancer
Ballet Girl

Post by Dancer »

Well, I think I've been very lucky! I'm off to New York next Monday and booked three shows for Tuesday and Wednesday next week way back last July and got an exchange rate of $1.95 to the £, making each top price ticket approximately the same price as a top price London ticket :D . I also bought my currency in advance (last September) and got a rate of $1.85, so I do pity you, Billy Whiz, just a little!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Dancer wrote:I also bought my currency in advance (last September) and got a rate of $1.85, so I do pity you, Billy Whiz, just a little!
Thanks Dancer. That makes me feel a whole lot better :( :( ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Finale
Former Admin

Post by Finale »

It appears that the global monetary troubles are making my trips to London to see Billy more affordable. :D
This bit of news will certainly encourage me to go again, maybe in the summer.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Finale wrote:
It appears that the global monetary troubles are making my trips to London to see Billy more affordable. :D
This bit of news will certainly encourage me to go again, maybe in the summer.
What are you talking about? You live on the doorstep :? :? :?

billybuddies4eva
Tall Boy

Post by billybuddies4eva »

The VPT however, have just made even more seats premium seats..so where we normally sit is £85 a time now :shock: Gonna have to save even more now :lol: :roll:

Soo much for prices going down :| :lol: Also £93 for a ticket for Billy in NYC !! :shock: It better be worth it ;) :mrgreen:

Corey x3 Layton x3 Josh x2 Tanner x3 Brad x2 Hogan x1 Sam x1 Liam x1 Travis x1 Ollie x2 Fox 1 Trent x0.5 Davidx0.5

Shaun x4 Jonty x3 George x3 Ryan x2 Dean x2 Daniel x2 George x3 Brad x1 Jake x2 Keane x1 Connor x1

Return to “Archive”