Billy Elliot on Blu-Ray

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Billy Elliot on Blu-Ray

Post by porschesrule »

Universal Studios Home Entertainment has announced that the original Billy Elliot movie (2000) will be released on Blu-Ray:

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7750&ut ... um=twitter
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Re: Billy Elliot on Blu-Ray

Post by ActingDude17 »

I'll be buying it the day it's released. Can't wait to hear details about the special features. Hopefully we get some good ones.
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

It's already out in UK...extras seem too be everything on the 2dvd that was put out awhile ago...still a lot ..I doubt that's in hd though.
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Post by ActingDude17 »

"Update: Billy Elliot will make its North American HD debut on a Blu-ray/DVD/Digital Copy combo pack, presented in a 1.85:1 aspect ratio with 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio sound. The disc also contains a number of bonus features, including:
Billy Elliot: Breaking Free featurette
My Scenes and pocket BLU App functionalities"
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
Yorkie
Miner

Post by Yorkie »

StevenKing wrote:It's already out in UK...extras seem too be everything on the 2dvd that was put out awhile ago...still a lot ..I doubt that's in hd though.
They're not. I bought it because my blu ray player can upscale the HD imagine in to
3D (not as good as real 3D but it makes an interesting new take on the movie). The picture is great in HD though.
MRS WILKINSON IS A RIGHT COW!
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I'll be picking it up for sure. Also love the Digital Copy so I can carry it with me!!!
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I bought the American version of the Blu-Ray a month or so ago from Best Buy for $12.99 I believe. Nothing new on the special features! =( So after talking to StevenKing and some other fans, I decided to take their advice and go to amazon.co.uk to order the British version of the Blu-Ray since it was supposedly region free. I opted for no expedited shipping to save money, so it took a full month to arrive, but I'm sooooooooo happy I now finally own the Blu-Ray with all of the special features I'd heard about literally for years! The cost came to less than 20 bucks too.

So great to see the deleted scenes and extended scenes, which all come with optional commentary from Stephen Daldry which he recorded after the London musical opened. You'll see scenes and hear lines that are in the musical that you learn were always meant for the movie but just cut. Such a cool experience! I heartily recommend anyone do this. Note too that even if you have an Amazon account already, I had to create a new one for the amazon.co.uk site. And when the Blu-Ray starts and it asks you what country, I just chose UK. No problems at all.

The Blu-Ray picture and sound quality are perfect too from what I can tell so far as I haven't watched the movie yet. Gonna plan a screening of it for friends, some of whom have never seen the film at all.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me here or by PM.

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Good info Sean. I bought the North American release but haven't watched it yet as I've been overseas. I will try to soon though.
But its good to know that the UK version is region free. I will be making an order on amazon.co.uk soon to get series 6 of Skins, so I think I will have the BE bluray thrown in as well. Would sure love to see the special features.
Now we just need a Bluray release of the musical!!!

Return to “Archive”