ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF.......DEATH

accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Re: ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF.......DEATH

Post by accessmenj »

Nothing but the bright side of life news since the depressing death of the Broadway production. The tour extends into 2013 with the addition of Kansas City, MO. next January.
Sorry,Ellen, another return state. But on the complete opposite side of the state from St. Louis(250 miles), and an entirely different market.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Wow, this is great news ! A number of people whom I've been telling about how good the show is always ask me, "When is it coming to Kansas City ?" So now they'll finally be able to see it without traveling !

I noticed where they're putting it in the Kansas City Music Hall, which is where all of the Broadway-type shows have played since it opened in the 1930's. It's not the best place to see a show unfortunately, as it's a long, narrow theater (as this seating chart shows: http://www.kansas-city-theater.com/thea ... gchart.php) with poor acoustics and poor views of the stage if you're sitting very far back. We recently opened a new performing arts center which has been getting rave reviews, and where I assumed future shows would play instead of the Music Hall. Guess they've decided to use both venues, for better or for worse.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Another bright side to the sad news of the Broadway closing--- The kids will be able to go home to their friends and family! I know that they "don't want a childhood", but we all only get one chance at being a kid and it probably makes for a more stable adult if we grow up without continuous work and pressure.

I remember that Joseph Harrington is from Cincinnati. I wonder if he will show up at any of the performances. A local interest story excites the audience. BETM should ask him to perform in the Company Celebration at the last show in Cincinnati. That would be great, but maybe he is already busy with a new project.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

He could play Tall Boy. Spencer played Tall Boy when the show was in his home town of St. Louis.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

ERinVA wrote:He could play Tall Boy. Spencer played Tall Boy when the show was in his home town of St. Louis.
I was thinking the same thing, that they could have Joseph be a guest Tall Boy in Cincinnati. Then Jacob can do the same in October when the tour plays in Schenectady. ;)
:/
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

accessmenj wrote:Nothing but the bright side of life news since the depressing death of the Broadway production. The tour extends into 2013 with the addition of Kansas City, MO. next January.
Sorry,Ellen, another return state. But on the complete opposite side of the state from St. Louis(250 miles), and an entirely different market.
I only just read this now. What great news to end my day!!! I kept hearing that after Boston the Tour might end, and after watching Chicago, then Toronto, then the first version of the tour and Broadway production closing, I gave up hope pretty quickly. So happy to hear they are still booking/exploring new territory! And happy for Todd too! =)

Sean

p.s. Todd, never said so but I laughed out loud at your "far left" political comment to me recently =)
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

angelenroute wrote:p.s. Todd, never said so but I laughed out loud at your "far left" political comment to me recently =)
Yes, couldn't pass that one up ! :lol:

Like you Sean, I was also sad thinking that my last time to see the show in the U.S. might be this summer when it comes to Des Moines, Iowa. So nice to know they will be continuing into next year ! This should open up opportunities for more future Billys with the tour planning to go at least another 12 months.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

The closing of BETM Broadway seems to have strengthened the tour, but these venues are not set in stone. They will be cancelled if the tour starts to lose money. The tour would do well to schedule West Chester, NY and Long Island, NY. Guaranteed profits! Also, I am still hoping for Norfolk and Richmond, VA for the holiday season.
We all have to talk up the show to family and friends who live in the tour cities. Maybe we can visit, and attend the show with them. A strong ,money-making tour will make a Broadway revival inevitable.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

accessmenj wrote:I am still hoping for Norfolk and Richmond, VA for the holiday season.
You and me both. And in Virginia Beach, we have a new state-of-the-art performing arts center 3 miles from my house that's not used most of the time. :roll:
With more than a million people in SE Virgina, I think they'd do well here.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

accessmenj wrote:The tour would do well to schedule West Chester, NY and Long Island, NY. Guaranteed profits!
I can think of a few people off the top of my head who would be happy with this. :D I'd be in BETM fan Heaven. Let me just get out of debt first the next few months before piling on more tickets. =)

Return to “Archive”