ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF.......DEATH

dongringo
Debbie

Re: ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF.......DEATH

Post by dongringo »

They should schedule the tour to visit Manhattan. ;)
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Southwest Airlines still has round trips from Philadelphia and other cities to Columbus for around $300 from March 23rd and return March 25th. A weekend in New York would cost more than a weekend in Columbus. Don't miss Dream Ballet, and the full flying scene. Support the tour.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

The closing of the last of the sit-down presentations of Billy Elliot The Musical outside of London has only one bright side. It shows that tours are the future of BETM. Billy will return to Broadway someday, but only for a limited engagement. About seven million people have seen BETM but that is only one-thousandth of the people on this planet. Tours are necessary to expose more people to this experience. There are so many people that good planning can not fail to make a profit.
It's time for the-powers-that-be to start planning touring productions for areas of the world that can support this expensive production. Planning now will enable productions to be ready to go when the world economy improves.
Europe needs a tour, probably based in Germany or Denmark. The children in these countries are exposed to English, and we know how well young kids can be taught the Geordi accent. It would even be possible to present BETM in different languages on different nights. Lots of cities could generate a profit.
The Pacific needs a tour, logically based in Australia. Cities in Australia and New Zealand will welcome the tour. Manila, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Bangkok, Seoul, Tokyo and Honolulu, and other cities with English-speaking populations could present BETM in English and the local language. There is enough money in these countries for promoters to support locally trained actors.
How about your comments! Especially from those of you who have knowledge of the theater in Europe and Pacific-rim countries. Are these tours money-makers when the economies improve?
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Cleveland Fans---Are you downhearted? Pittsburgh is only a few hours away with a Billy Elliot hit for the next two weeks. Columbus is in March. The tour needs our support. Take family and friends and make it a party weekend. Everyone needs to see BETM several times to grasp its full impact.
inspired
Tall Boy

Post by inspired »

I'm a Clevelander, and I'm not downhearted! In two weeks I will be in Pittsburgh, in two months I'll be in Columbus, and you know I'll be there when it visits Toledo and Detroit. As I posted on another thread, I also hope to see the show in Madison and Boston. In three of those cities I'll be introducing new people to the shows. I'm doing my part to support the tour! :D
28 shows, 17 Billys, 11 cities
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Very impressive, inspired! I truly believe that the future of Billy Elliot The Musical depends on the failure or success of the tour. The show will have to close in London for the theater construction. Only the USA tour will remain to tempt investors to start tours around the world and a Broadway revival. Support from inspired and other superfans will help spread the inspiration around the world.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Erie, PA and Western Pennsylvania residents! Are YOU downhearted?
Don't wait until Billy Elliot The Musical comes to Buffalo, NY. Head South for a Winter Break and see the show in Pittsburgh for the next week. It's only about two hours. Then when you realize that you have to see BETM more than once to appreciate its greatness, you can plan another two hour trip this Fall to Buffalo. Bring family and friends and support the tour.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Pittsburgh area fans of Billy Elliot The Musical. Are you downhearted? Did you miss the flying scene of the Dream Ballet. Fly to Orlando on Monday, February 13th and see Billy fly on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. Fly home Thursday for a round trip price of less than $350 on Southwest Airlines. Warm weather, BETM and support the tour. It does not get any better!
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

The tour just keeps getting stronger. Lucky people in Southern California will have Billy Elliot The Musical this Spring in Los Angeles. See it at least twice.

And then next Spring, BETM will be back twice, first in Costa Mesa, and then in San Diego. All three stops can be combined with a Southern California vacation. Even better, go to the show with friends and family who live in Southern California. Talk it up!
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

With the bookings in 2013, I am more convinced than ever that the Broadway death of Billy Elliot The Musical will result in strong world tours to spread the inspriation. And former Billy Rarmian Newton will help pave the way.

How To Train Your Dragon will be an complex and expensive world tour, based in Australia and co-starring Rarmian.It can prove to investors that they can make money on tours in Europe and the Pacific Rim. And it sounds to me like the show will be a success worldwide.

Return to “Archive”