ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF.......DEATH

dongringo
Debbie

Re: ALWAYS LOOK ON THE BRIGHT SIDE OF.......DEATH

Post by dongringo »

I would like the tour to continue the pattern of repeating cities and come back to Portland.

accessmenj You might consider changing the thread title. Just a suggestion. ;) :D
.......__o
.......\ <,
....( )/ ( )
ActingDude17
Tall Boy

Post by ActingDude17 »

ERinVA wrote:The Bright Side would look a whole lot brighter if the darned tour would just come to Virginia. It keeps going back to states where it's been before, but it has yet to book Virginia. DC has been the closest it's gotten. :cry:
This North Carolinian concurs! I'd love to see VA appear on the tour's itinerary. I'd definitely try to make a trip up to see the show.
UK/Ireland Tour
Billy: Lewis Smallman
Michael: Elliot Stiff

2nd American Tour
Billy: Giuseppe Bausilio, Michael Dameski, Ty Forhan
Michael: Griffin Birney x2, Cameron Clifford
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

The tour is very expensive to run. It has not returned to a previously visited city, and it probably should not for at least another year. More attendance is possible in new cities like New Orleans, San Diego, Norfolk and cities around major populations like West Chester, and Long Island, NY.

The tour looks stronger than ever, and that is the bright side of the Broadway death.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I did not say that it keeps visiting the same cities, but that it keeps going back to the same states. Why go to Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Ft. Lauderdale, or Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Toledo, for example, but not one single city in Virginia? :? :evil:

Yes, I know that DC is accessible to the northern part of Virginia, but not so much to other areas of the state. It needs to come to Norfolk or Richmond.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

ERinVA wrote:I did not say that it keeps visiting the same cities, but that it keeps going back to the same states. Why go to Miami, Tampa, Orlando, and Ft. Lauderdale, or Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus, and Toledo, for example, but not one single city in Virginia? :? :evil:

Yes, I know that DC is accessible to the northern part of Virginia, but not so much to other areas of the state. It needs to come to Norfolk or Richmond.
Not to mention Wisconsin three times.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Actually, I need to make a correction here: Miami was/is not one of the Florida venues. But that still makes three cities in Florida.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

The latest bright side news is the success of the tour in Washington, DC. Remember that the continuation of the tour is based on it making money, and all future dates can be cancelled when the show starts to lose money. This seems unlikely now that the tour appears to be prospering.

Attention fans in southern Michigan and Ontario, and fans in northwest Ohio. Billy Elliot The Musical will be in Detroit in September, and needs your support. You can attend the show in Detroit, and when you become inspired again, you will not have to be depressed when it leaves town. You can attend the show again in Toledo in October. That's only an hour or so from Detroit. Always look on the bright side of life!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

accessmenj wrote:Always look on the bright side of life!
I think there might be a song there somewhere ! ;)
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

I keep forgetting Monty Python "went there" LONG before Book of Mormon did lol.
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Que whistling.

Return to “Archive”