Fresh Geography Quiz Question

Eltonjohn
Miner

Fresh Geography Quiz Question

Post by Eltonjohn »

In which USA/CAN tour city or cities does the Small Boy have to walk less than 500 steps in order to get from where he eats his breakfast directly to where he dons his costume (i.e. ~10 trailers lined up end-to-end)?
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Fresh Geography Quiz Question

Post by ERinVA »

I assume this must be Vancouver. 8-) But I'm not sure what difference the trailer arrangement makes.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

he puts on his costume in a trailer? not in the theatre?
Wouldn't he eat breakfast in the hotel or a local restaurant?
Maybe I'm missing something...
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

The reference to end-to-end trailers is simply an alternative rough gauge of the distance between where Small Boy would normally be eating his breakfast in the morning and his dressing room at the theatre where he changes into his working outfit before each performance.

(A Small Boy would have to take a greater number of steps than a Tall Boy to cover the same ~10 trailer distance, tho' I have no idea of the relative difference.)

Hint: in which cities does the cast drive away in a coach after each show back to their temporary lodgings?
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The answer to your hint is "Most." But the bus is mostly for the kids. Following the bus is not good forum member behavior, by the way. 8-)
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

Good way to get run over too! :shock:

The Hint isn't meant to suggest or advocate nuisance behavior; rather it is but a clue to the trivia question, i.e. what are the not-most tour cities?
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Well, I gather from your hint that the hotel in Vancouver is close enough that no bus is needed.

Honestly, I don't know about the other tour cities. Even though I saw the show in Richmond, for example, I do not know where the cast stayed, and I don't know if they used a bus or not. The Doubletree, where I stayed, was close enough to walk, but they didn't stay there, so far as I know. The bus was used in Durham and Louisville. Can't vouch for Charlotte, but I expect it was. Chicago and Toronto did not need buses.
Ellen

Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

Is Billy House in London very far from the SoHo venue?
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

The Victoria Palace is not in Soho. It, and the Apollo Victoria, where Wicked is in residence, are not actually near the other West End theatres, but in Victoria, across the street from Victoria Station. http://www.timeout.com/london/things-to-do/soho-map The location of the Billy House is not given out, and it has changed numerous times over the years. The kids in the London cast who live there are delivered to the theatre and taken back to the Billy House by van. The ballet girls, tall boys and small boys live with their families within an hour's travel time to the theatre. The system in London is VERY different from that in North America.
Ellen

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

ERinVA wrote:The Victoria Palace is not in SoHo. It, and the Apollo Victoria, where Wicked is in residence, are not actually near the other West End theatres, but in Victoria, across the street from Victoria Station. The location of the Billy House is not given out, and it has changed numerous times over the years. The kids in the London cast who live there are delivered to the theatre and taken back to the Billy House by van. The ballet girls, tall boys and small boys live with their families within an hour's travel time to the theatre. The system in London is VERY different from that in North America.
Entirely correct. And the system in the UK is such that the children are well protected from intrusions by fans or others.

Return to “Archive”