Which Billy When?

phoebe
Debbie

Which Billy When?

Post by phoebe »

Hi, I'm new to this forum. I saw the show once on Broadway and haven't been able to stop thinking about it since. Tommie Batchlor played Billy, and while he was very good, I'd found the youtube clips before I saw the show, and had my heart set on seeing one of the original 3 Billys. I'd like to see the show again before the original Broadway Billys take summer vacations (will they?) and outgrow the part. (I have a 14-year-old son who has had major growth spurts each of the last 3 summers.)

Is there any way to find out which Billy is performing in advance? I have limited funds, and do not live in New York, so when I buy tickets, I'd like to not repeat seeing the same Billy, when I haven't seen others.

Also, is there a way to contact the Imperial Box Office directly? I've been selecting tickets online through the agency you link to throught the BETM website.

Many thanks for helpful tips -
Phoebe
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese proverb
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Which Billy When?

Post by Billy Whiz »

Unfortunately there is nowhere that tells you who is going to play Billy in the future. They don't do it in the UK or Australia either. Here is a link to a thread where clue keeps a track of who has played Billy for every performance. If you can spot a pattern then good luck as many people have tried but all have failed.

http://www.billyelliottheforum.me.uk/fo ... ?f=26&t=49

Good luck at getting one of the three original Billys next time. Having seen them all perform I can confirm that they are all fantastic. Funnily enough when I come to NYC in June the Billy I'm looking forward to seeing is Tommy as he is a new one for me.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

Thanks! Great link! Gee, I'd been thinking that Saturday night was the time to go to see the original 3, but that's certainly not true. Looks like that's Tommy's favorite time! (Though I saw him on a Thursday night.) Maybe Sunday matinee....

Anyone know what happened to David that prevented him from performing from March 25 - April 17?
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese proverb
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

Also - what about my question re: how to contact the Imperial box office directly? Any suggestions?
- Chinese proverb
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

phoebe wrote:Anyone know what happened to David that prevented him from performing from March 25 - April 17?
I do believe he had a slight injury.

Can't help you with the Imperial Theatre box office. All my tickets were booked through Telecharge or bought at the box office.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

Billy Whiz, how is it that you saw half a show?
- Chinese proverb
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

phoebe wrote:Also - what about my question re: how to contact the Imperial box office directly? Any suggestions?
It appears that the phone number at the box office is a closely guarded secret. :) They will only sell tickets if you are there in person. All other sales are through Telecharge, which is the official agency, or from the various brokers who sell tickets well above face value.

And to answer another question you asked, the boys don't take summer vacations as such. Each one will be off for a short break from time to time throughout the year.
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

How do you folks know so much about this?
- Chinese proverb
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

phoebe wrote:How do you folks know so much about this?

:D :D That's what happens when you become a diehard fan, phoebe! :D :D
phoebe wrote:Billy Whiz, how is it that you saw half a show?
During previews, when BETM was running longer than it is now, and 13 the Musical (playing directly across the street) was very short, he came out of 13 and caught the second half of BETM, for which he had a ticket but had decided to skip in order to see Corey Snide, a former London Billy, as Evan in 13. Since it was intermission at the Imperial, he just walked in for the second act.8-)
Told you we are diehards, didn't I? :lol: :lol:

Welcome to the forum, phoebe! I hope you have a great time learning about the show and posting on here. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

phoebe wrote:Billy Whiz, how is it that you saw half a show?
It was the evening performance on October 4th. I had a ticket for BETM and also 13 across the road. I wanted to see Corey in 13 so decided not to go to BETM. It was the night that they had 5 mechanical breakdowns in the first half of BETM so the show was running very late. When I came out of 13 I had a short chat with Corey and his father and then noticed that people across the road at the Imperial were coming outside for the interval. I thought I would go and ask if I could go in for the second half as, luckily, I had my ticket with me.

So there you have it. :) :) :)

Return to “Archive”