Which Billy When?

Mike
Ballet Girl

Re: Which Billy When?

Post by Mike »

when i went last month i called the number for telecharge and was able to get a better seat than was offered by going through the web site

i saw 3 shows in a row and had Tommy twice and Kiril once so there really doesnt seem to be any regular order. i also want to see David, Trent & Frank so i will have seen them all.

just go and enjoy the show and whoever is playing the different roles. you wont be disappointed.
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

Great story!

I guess I have to risk it and just pick a date and hope one of the Billys I haven't seen is performing. I think I can afford to go only one more time.
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese proverb
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

phoebe wrote:Great story!

I guess I have to risk it and just pick a date and hope one of the Billys I haven't seen is performing. I think I can afford to go only one more time.
Well, IF you can afford to go more than once more, I recommend booking a few shows in a row, say a Tuesday and both Wednesday shows, which will increase your odds of seeing different Billys since they do not usually do back-to-back shows. (Notice I said 'usually') ;)

Rich
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

That is an awful lot of money for me -- 3 shows = about $400 -- not to mention a level of obsession about the show which I don't believe I'm at. But, it would most likely work.
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese proverb
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

phoebe wrote:That is an awful lot of money for me -- 3 shows = about $400 -- not to mention a level of obsession about the show which I don't believe I'm at. But, it would most likely work.
I think there are $41.50 seats available and from what I have heard they are fine.

Have a look here

http://www.broadwaybox.com/theaters/new ... e_nyc.aspx
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Post by jillmichael »

Pheobe, go for the Partial View right seats- they are only 81.50, and you are able to see Billy's face during the letter, and I think it "makes the show" to see it up close- seeing it from far away I don't feel as connected. But some people like the far-away views, which are only 41.50...so it's just what you like.

I actually think I might have the number for the box office, but I'm too scared to call it because they might ask me how i got the number and shun me for life...haha. I wrote Telecharge a letter, and I think the BE Box Office called me directly to make sure they were getting me the tickets I wanted, so I saved their number on my phone. If you write the Telecharge people (in Hackensack, NJ) a letter requesting tickets, you can choose exactly what seat you want, and they don't charge you service fees, which is pretty awesome. It just takes a couple of weeks though...oh, but they don't normally do Partial View that way...it was a big hoopla for me to get my Partial View tickets.

See, this is why I wish I lived in New York. :roll:
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

My seat for the show I went to was partial view on the right: row BB, all the way at the outer aisle, in front of the speaker. While I could see a couple of things better, I guess (including into the orchestra's pit), the major dance numbers (angry, Swan, Electricity) were very frustrating. I actually stood up in the aisle and ran back to the center of the room just to see a little more. Plus, in general, the energy of the show is projected forward, not to the side. My goal for next time is to be in the center, preferably in the middle of the room or in the front of the balcony.
- Chinese proverb
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

phoebe wrote:My seat for the show I went to was partial view on the right: row BB, all the way at the outer aisle, in front of the speaker.
Are you certain it was Row BB? When I was last there I could swear the first rows were AA, A then B. I don't recall a row BB. :? I was sitting in either row A or B far right at almost every performance. I remember that being in front of that speaker is not very pleasant.
Geridith
Tall Boy

Post by Geridith »

Yeah, its def AA, then A, then B. I sat B 12 on Tuesday with my roommates, who had never seen the show, and they loved the seats. (we had the end pairs in rows A and B) The speaker was the only complaint, I warned them about Angry Dance and the clank of the elevator tho. Personally, I don't mind a little ringing in my ears to get that close for that price. Best deal in the house, IMO. Sitting C 14 tomorrow actually... :) Its gotten to the point where the box office guy recognizes me and automatically gives me orch right pv, lol, even for student rush. :)
LONDON: Liam M (1), Tom (3), Rhys Y (2), Dean Charles (1); NEW YORK: Trent (11), Tommy (10), Kiril (9), David (8), Tanner (3), Liam R (3), Dayton (3), Michael D (3), Alex (2), Jacob (1); CHICAGO: Tommy (1), Giuseppe (1), Cesar (1) = 63 shows total :)
BETMNY Billy Schedule on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/BETMNY
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

Well, I checked my ticket stubs and you all are right: it was B 14, not BB. Sorry.
I agree the seats were good, especially for the price, but I did feel as though the main thrust of the show was passing me by.

Which would you recommend as better: mezzanine seats half way back, or orchestra in the rear?
- Chinese proverb

Return to “Archive”