Which Billy When?

jillmichael
Tall Boy

Re: Which Billy When?

Post by jillmichael »

I sat in the 81.50 rear mezzanine seats once- immediately after sitting in A10 for the matinee, and I didn't feel the same connection with the show as I did in the front. But just because I did doesn't mean you won't, everyone likes different things... and maybe I didn't feel as connected at that show was because it was the second preview and the show had to be stopped 100 times in the first act ha ha

And I sat in a full-price row L on the right once, and that one wasn't too bad, but it always sucks to have to look over people's heads, but other than that it was great. Thing about it was, the next seat over (Partial view) was about 40 dollars cheaper, so I kind of felt a little cheated I paid full price. If I were you and paying full price, I'd go with the Orchestra in the back and see how you like it- I've heard they are good seats :D
Geridith
Tall Boy

Post by Geridith »

I know what you mean about the disconnect, jill. I went back to rear mezz briefly after starting to sit orch all the time, and definitely missed the closeness. Also I think the angle is better from the orchestra. If you have to be mezz, I wouldn't be further back than the last row of front mezz, or maybe the first row of rear mezz. Front mezz does have the cheaper partial view tickets as well, and especially if its a weekday, you can definitely move in closer to center.
LONDON: Liam M (1), Tom (3), Rhys Y (2), Dean Charles (1); NEW YORK: Trent (11), Tommy (10), Kiril (9), David (8), Tanner (3), Liam R (3), Dayton (3), Michael D (3), Alex (2), Jacob (1); CHICAGO: Tommy (1), Giuseppe (1), Cesar (1) = 63 shows total :)
BETMNY Billy Schedule on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/BETMNY
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

I'll only be doing three Billy shows in NYC at Tony Awards time. (I'll have just returned home on June 2 from a seven-performances cast change Billython in London, and I do need a few days to recuperate in between) :lol: But I have good seats at the Imperial. A10. A12 and B12 for those shows. I think these are among the most desirable seats in the theatre for those of us who like to sit up close, aside from AA107, of course. :lol:
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

johnnyc wrote:I'll have just returned home on June 2 from a seven-performances cast change Billython in London
Speculation johnnyc, speculation :D
johnnyc wrote:I think these are among the most desirable seats in the theatre for those of us who like to sit up close
And the most expensive ;)
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

Billy Whiz wrote:
johnnyc wrote:I'll have just returned home on June 2 from a seven-performances cast change Billython in London
Speculation johnnyc, speculation :D
So would you like to place a small wager, Billy Whiz? Someone always leaves on the Saturday closest to June 1 and December 1, even if just an alternate to an understudy. :lol:
johnnyc wrote:I think these are among the most desirable seats in the theatre for those of us who like to sit up close
Billy Whiz wrote:And the most expensive ;)
No, actually, these are all $81.50 seats. Just far enough over to labeled "partial view." I believe the seats to the left of these in both rows are regular price.
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

Well, I've come up with a plan which I think pretty much assures that I'll see David, Trent or Kiril. Since Tommy is out for a few weeks (presumably) with that hand injury, and the London Billy they're bringing in likely needs a few weeks to learn the US variations, I decided I must see the show some time in the coming few weeks. So, it's Wed matinee May 13!
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask remains a fool forever.
- Chinese proverb

Return to “Archive”