December 2009 Reviews - London

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

December 2009 Reviews - London

Post by Billy Whiz »

It's the last month of the year. Here's hoping for plenty of wonderful reviews.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Thingummy
Small Boy

Re: December 2009 - UK Reviews

Post by Thingummy »

Time to try a review after Tuesdays show - Fox, Connor K, Franchesca about half the cast are new to me. 
This is Connor's first; but it didn't show. He is a wonderfully natural showman. I guess he must be the smallest looking Michael I have seen, but plenty of character to lead Fox on brilliantly, in the dressing room scene, followed by a slick performance of Expressing Yourself; and a fine voice too. His portrayal of the tender scenes was easy on the senses, but natural, never brash or flippant. Elsewhere, when there was a laugh to be had, he took it. 
Mrs Wilkinson was a new face to me - Caroline Deveril from the photo.  Good to see a slightly different slant on the character. As we've come to expect she grabbed our attention in Shine - Fox took the limelight elsewhere including his dynamic flawless displays. 
Other new faces include the tall boy and dead mum perhaps someone can help me with names?
A few minor changes - some lighting changes - a cold moody twilight blue in the touching scene, when Billy and Michael are left alone after Dad's Deep imto the ground. The new shadow dance was had really cool  before the Grandma's scene. 
 All in all the production seems to have found yet more brilliant young performers (young includes adults of course)  to replace those gone before.  

BILLYS UK- Trent-Josh-Corie-Layton-Hogan-Tanner-Fox-Tom-Brad-OllieG-DeanC-RhysY-Aaron-Scott...
NY- TrentK-LiamR-DaytonT... CHIC- JPV-MylesE-CesarC
MICHAELS UK- Jonty, Daniel, Shaun, Lewis, DeanCharles, ConnorD, GeorgeM, ConnorK, JakeP, Reese...
NY-KeeanJ, TrevorB, JakeEvanS... CHIC- KeeanJ, DillonS.

Each different and everyone a sensation.
Bungie
Small Boy

Post by Bungie »

Tuesday 1st. December 2009. Connor K had a wonderful debut, and settled in without any problem. With Fox and Francesca as companions, the show fairly whizzed along and was well received. To all the newcomers - well done. :D :D :D
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks Thingummy and Bungie.

It sounds like they have found another star in Connor.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

Tues 1st dec

Fox, Connor and Fran
Joe, Craig, Anne
Caroline (understudy mrs w)
Shaun as Mr B
Barnaby

Fab night, although theatre pretty empty, audience slightly dull, but we did our best to get everyone going !!!
Connor- yes - absolute star. Everything was perfect - his tap, his acting, his facial expressions, his timing - is he really only 11 ??? !!! Also met him after - lovelykid. Got a nice photo which Ill try and send to the gallery.
Fox on top form. Electricity - still amazes me every time - even though I know what he is going to do. He did ger a massive applause and we got the huge grin
Joe and Craig - great pair together - fab relationship. Craig is an amazing actor
New Mrs W - very good considering it was her first show - reminds me a bit of Kate Graham - wears very similar outfits. Fox gave her a very sweet pat on the bak after B2B, as though he was saying to her "well done". I thought that was so sweet.
New ballet girls - very good - few familiar faces. The tall boy for that team - very good too - had great facial expressions and confidence.
Dream ballet - beautiful as ever. Lovely to see Fox smiling all the way through. Barnaby continues to be as perfect as ever. Dancing is so so beautiful to watch. I could watch it all day.
I enjoyed most of the changes - its always hard when the show has changed, as it somehow dosent seem right, however, it will within a few weeks.
Def prefer the dickhead to w**ker line - so much better
Shadowing - I love it
Musical changes - quite sweet - overall, worked well
To conclude, fab night for Connor. He came out with a bouquet of flowers nearly as big as him. He is quite small, but is def the full package as a Michael

Looking forward to seeing it all again very soon - hopefully before xmas xxxx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Define "pretty empty"...wondering what percentage of seats are being filled. Seems no one dislikes the changes...I believe that's a FIRST on here!!! Course these are real changes not"take aways" so thats good.

Steven
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

I say pretty empty, but bear in mind, I normally go at weekends. Didnt expect it to be full house on a tues just b4 xmas though.
Top balcony - closed
Middle balcony - half full - maybe bit less
Stalls - half full

Estimated only !!!!! xxxxx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

ok...ouch. :o But then its going on 5 years and still sells out on weekends...we cant all be #$%^ Wicked! :lol:

Steven
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

pinknick103 wrote:I say pretty empty, but bear in mind, I normally go at weekends. Didnt expect it to be full house on a tues just b4 xmas though.
Top balcony - closed
Middle balcony - half full - maybe bit less
Stalls - half full

Estimated only !!!!! xxxxx
Wow, can't imagine a crowd that small at BETM. I thought it was a small crowd the time I was there and Rows A & B of the stalls were mostly empty. . . . and some of the stall seats on the far sides. But that still left about 80% of the stalls seats filled.
Bungie
Small Boy

Post by Bungie »

Re Tuesday night (1st.) The top circle was closed,but it has been closed before. Lower circle I think was about 55% full, and I would have estimated the stalls at about 65 - 70%, but I wouldn't argue about it.. Didn't do a head count, and it is difficult to tell. I think it was simply down to Christmas shopping, and people watching their pennies for the festive season. Its ironic when I think of the number of times in the past I have arrived unnanounced, queued, and couldn't get a seat. This time you could have nearly had a choice.

Return to “Reviews Archive”