January 2010 Reviews - London

burtond
Michael

Re: January 2010 Reviews - London

Post by burtond »

Den wrote: Fox was performing for,I believe,the third consecutive night although you would never have guessed it from the energy he put into it,he must be amazingly fit.
Den
Great review Den, just one little correction - Fox performed on Monday & Wednesday evening. Dean CC performed in the role of Billy on Tuesday. Nevertheless, it seems that at the moment both Fox and Dean are keeping things together.

Does anyone know who played Billy, Michael etc on Friday evening?

Kind regards

David
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
cuuush
Small Boy

Post by cuuush »

Great reviews, as usual!

Though still no sign of Tom, I'm developing withdrawal symptom!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

cuuush wrote:Though still no sign of Tom, I'm developing withdrawal symptom!
jacob has posted in Tom's thread that he has been given the week off.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
cuuush
Small Boy

Post by cuuush »

Billy Whiz wrote:
Not great with this patience-thing. :P I thought he’d been given last week off, as he apparently “tweeked something” that Monday (the eleventh). From what it seems, he hasn’t performed since.
Hopefully he’s feeling alright and will be back soon though!
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

cuuush wrote:
Billy Whiz wrote:
Not great with this patience-thing. :P I thought he’d been given last week off, as he apparently “tweeked something” that Monday (the eleventh). From what it seems, he hasn’t performed since.
Hopefully he’s feeling alright and will be back soon though!
I think you're right as jacob actually posted about Tom last Saturday :oops: :oops: :oops:
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
pucka
Tall Boy

Post by pucka »

Hopefuly he will be back next week :)

need to see him again :D
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

WooHoo just in time for my visit a week on fri.Fingers crossed out of 3 show in 2 days i can catch Tom . :D
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Good luck sleepylins
Fingers crossed for you.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Post by Musical Fanatic »

Sat night Jan23 Ollie/Jake. Just a few thoughts from the show. SBoy did first half of show but did not come out at all in second half. Ollie did not have a copy of the letter for the for his reply(I guess I forgot it) he said and than went on with the song. I was sitting in f20 and saw some things from close up that I liked. Ollie was desperately trying not to burst out laughing at Jake's antics with the tutu. Small boy had a huge smile on his face when walking past George and Ollie in the boxing scene. Just before he said his lines. Ollie puts his own touch on the walk past his family in the RBS letter scene. Ollie-2 Dean-2 Fox-2 Trent-3 Tommy-1 LiamR-1 Dayton-1
Bre*st Cancer awareness. My
Mom is now a ! year survivor
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Monday 25th January 2010 – UK London – 7.30pm

Billy – Ollie
Michael - Jake
Debbie – Emily

Another outstanding show this evening and a massive ‘well done’ to all the cast. Tonight, we welcomed back Craig Gallivan who has been absent from the role of Tony for a number of weeks now. Craig provided his usual ‘bad-lad’ performance with touches of sensitivity. Nice to have Craig back but we must congratulate Tim Funnell for a sustained period of cover for Craig and for a slightly different but equally intense interpretation of the Tony role.

From my point of view, it was the first time in a very long time that all the main cast performed in their usual roles – this does make a difference especially to the Ensemble numbers which have greater musical depth to them when larger numbers are involved.

Tonight’s Small Boy (name not provided in the programme – why is this???) a very cheeky young lad. A couple of gems from this small guy firstly when he collected the ‘sarny’ from Big Davey in the Soup Kitchen scene – he shouted a huge ‘YUS’ to the audience and secondly, at the end of the scene when Big Davey pulls the Small Boy onto his shoulders, there was a cheeky wave to the audience as he left the stage – we’ll have to watch this one!

Some observations:

Little problem putting the pan fire out tonight – I have witnessed some nights when the pan cannot even raise a fire, but tonight, the pan wasn’t letting go of the fire and Joe Caffrey (Dad) tried a number of times to extinguish the flame. Just as the stage hand was about to come on with an extinguisher, Joe succeeded – no doubt a trying moment for a second or two.

Wonderful scene – Billy with Grandma. This evening, the story of Grandad and the relationship with his wife was much more of a story than usual and Ollie was clearly engrossed in this with lovely expressions / reaction and interaction – quite moving in an odd way as this has never been one of my favourite numbers in the show.

I wonder why Mr Braithwaite in the Born to Boogie scene makes a pause before saying ‘..you little w**ker’. The pause is totally out of place and is pointless. When Phil Snowden played Mr Braithwaite, there was never a pause and the phrase seemed totally in context.
In the suitcase packing scene, there was no Billy on Dads shoulders doing his Dam-busters impression sequence – is this a potential change to quite a nice part of the show?

Finally, Matt Malone conducted the whole performance with his usual energy and drama. His elaborate arm/wrist and hand movements coupled with his exaggerated mouthing of the song words are almost as impressive to watch as the show itself.

It was great to sit next to two Forum members from New Zealand and Australia this evening and to compare notes with regard to the various production styles for BETM down under. I had no idea that the performance was different in Sydney to the performance in Melbourne.
Hope to see you next week guys – same seats!

Return to “Reviews Archive”