March 2010 Reviews - London

Born to Boogie
Tall Boy

Re: March 2010 Reviews - London

Post by Born to Boogie »

Wow - a hundred times over. What a privilege it was to be at tonight's 5th Birthday performance. There was so much to take in. From the special introduction (which saw Stephen Daldry, Lee Hall and Elton John on stage together) through a phenomenal performance of the show itself, to the specially choreographed finale bringing together a stage-full of Billys both past, present and future – what can be said other than that tonight was a very special and unforgettable occasion indeed. Perhaps the most moving Billy moment ever was when the finale curtain rose this evening to the strains of 'Electricity' revealing James Lomas, Liam Mower and George Maguire in ‘Billy’ emblazoned tee-shirts – standing just as they did in the original publicity photos five years ago before each coming forward to take a bow and leading the show to its confetti-fall ending. To be in the presence of so many professionals involved in the show itself, together with a theatre full of the show's devotees, was both uplifting and inspiring. The magic lives on at the Victoria Palace Theatre ....
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Can someone list all of the Billys who were there, please?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

WOW, I am lost for words.

Pre-show fab, seeing old faces.

Show fabulous.

2nd Finale, awesome, was so moved by it, FANTASTIC.

I will start with names, ( they just flew about so fast :shock: )

Layton, Tom, Oliver, Olly Taylor (so tall now) Josh, Matthew, George, Liam, James, Fox, Leon, Dean, Sam, Rhys, Travis, Elton (no sorry he wrote the music ( :lol: )...oh I am missing some :?
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Thanks for the first picture and quick reviews. I have been thinking of all of you in London for this special event all day long. I so wish I could have been there. Sounds like an amazing evening!

Cheers.
maria

One question - who played Billy for the actual show???
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
Jabka
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jabka »

I second that tonight was a once in a lifetime event and I am glad I was there to be part of it.
Wonderful to catch up with so many forum members old and new on a special night.

The finale gave me goosebumps WOW a 1000 times!!!

Nikkie you missed Brad from the list...

Sadly no US Billys who had performed in London but amazing to see so many Billys doing what they do best - dancing, they moved so fast across the stage - blink and you missed someone or something.
So amny Billys, so many memories. Well done everyone and thank you!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ruth
23/05/07 the day Billy danced into my life :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Sorry Brad... :oops:

And there were some "Billy's" in training who also featured as well.
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
elliot1
Small Boy

Post by elliot1 »

Just found this article which has some nice pics of Billys from the 5th show! :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... Stone.html

This is a sample pic:

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Wow what a night.

Billy - Tom Holland
Michael - Connor Kelly
Debbie - Francesca Mango

A great show from all the cast tonight which will be described in greater detail by the scribes on the forum. I will have photos later but it is 3.15 am and we are now into April.

When the three original Billys walked out of the mist with their Billy tee shirts on I got goose bumps and I gather most other people did as well.

The hightlight of the show for me was when Elton John took the role as older Billy in the Dream Ballet. Simply breathtaking.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Billy Whiz wrote: The hightlight of the show for me was when Elton John took the role as older Billy in the Dream Ballet. Simply breathtaking.
I imagine that was quite a highlight... :D :D :D :D

I knew I could count on you for pictures and other important information. Can't wait to hear more. Thanks for staying up late to give us those tidbits!

Cheers.
maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Billy Whiz wrote: The hightlight of the show for me was when Elton John took the role as older Billy in the Dream Ballet. Simply breathtaking.
Now that I'd like to see ! Or . . . . maybe not ! (Elton in tights ?? :shock: )

Return to “Reviews Archive”