April 2010 Reviews - NYC

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: April 2010 Reviews - NYC

Post by Billy Whiz »

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Cya Sindy. :cry:
:/
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Post by Musical Fanatic »

Billy Whiz wrote:Image
I love this one Billy Whiz :D
Bre*st Cancer awareness. My
Mom is now a ! year survivor
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

johnnyc wrote:
Musical Fanatic wrote:The Retirement of Sindy The Nurse From Broadway
Its official folks Sindy has retired in favor of Barbie on Broadway as of Sat April 17th. May she have a good retirement :lol:
Wonder if they'll allow her to retire in London? :?:
I would think they'd keep her in London. I assumed they only changed it for the New York and Chicago shows since people in the U.S. are much more familiar with Barbie than they are Sindy. Probably vice-versa in London.
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Sat April 24th 2PM

Billy-Jacob
Michael-Kylend
TB-Alex
SB-Luke
Tony-David Larsen
Mum-Liz Pearce
Clipboard Woman-Natalie Wisdom

Will do a full review later. I struck gold at the show today. Kylend was awesome as Michael. It was fun for me to see Alex as TB. Alex had a smile on his face during most of the show. A couple of more changes to the Broadway show. The first one is they have dropped the whole exchange with the plastic jar full of 50p and scab money. Billy still has it but Clipboard Woman does not mention it nor does Billy. He just carries it through whole scene. Second thing that has changed for the time being. No one gets up on piano at all in BTB. They have even made Michael Dameski switch to ballet ending.
cincinnati
Tall Boy

Post by cincinnati »

The ending to B2B is classic when Michael Dameski flips off of the piano....sad to see it go...
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

Musical Fanatic wrote:Sat April 24th 2PM

Billy-Jacob
Michael-Kylend
TB-Alex
SB-Luke
Tony-David Larsen
Mum-Liz Pearce
Clipboard Woman-Natalie Wisdom

Will do a full review later. I struck gold at the show today. Kylend was awesome as Michael. It was fun for me to see Alex as TB. Alex had a smile on his face during most of the show. A couple of more changes to the Broadway show. The first one is they have dropped the whole exchange with the plastic jar full of 50p and scab money. Billy still has it but Clipboard Woman does not mention it nor does Billy. He just carries it through whole scene. Second thing that has changed for the time being. No one gets up on piano at all in BTB. They have even made Michael Dameski switch to ballet ending.
The Sat. 24th evening performance has made a liar :oops: :lol: out of me. Michael D did his piano flip.

Expressing Yourself
It was a pleasant surprise to see Kylend filling in for Trevor. Kylend brings yet another different outlook to the performance. Its great to sit in the audience and watch what he does different than Jake and Trevor. I loved his funny approach to getting Billy to look in the mirror. Jacob and Kylend look great together in the tap routine. Only thing I would change about Kylend is he was shouting a couple of lines.

Dear Billy
Once more I will repeat myself. Jacob is the hands down winner on the tears department. The emotion that he puts in his voice for the Letter amazing. Thommie Retter said that the first time He came on for BTB. He thought that Jacob had lost it on stage his first night. Because of hard he was crying at the Letter.

Angry Dance
Jacob continues to grow more confident. I can't wait for what Jacob will look like with a few months under his belt.

Merry Christmas Maggie Thatcher
Here is where it was really noticeable the smile and exuberance that Alex was feeling playing TB. One of the male ensemble was teasing him I noticed.

Deep Into The Ground
Phil Whitchurch has the best take on this song of the Dads I have had the chance to hear. Jacob has a great range of expressions playing Billy. From the look on his face when Michael kisses him to Michael putting on the tutu. Kylend was great and funny here to.

Dream Ballet
Time and growth will make a difference for Jacob. In the mean time I think that Jacob looks more realistically like what an actual 11/12 year old would at ballet. With only a few months of ballet class.

Electricity
Slow and easier for the time being with Jacob. Hopefully in a few months we will be saying wow what a difference. The only people who matter right now are the paying customers and they love him. I heard only great things at the end about Jacob from the people sitting around me. Voice wise I think that Jacob has the best voice of all the current Billy's at this point in time. Acting wise Jacob gives Michael Dameski a run for the money. Phil Whitchurch continues to add small changes to his routine. Whether it be facial expressions, body language or voice. His comedic talent is mind blowing.

As for me personally this will be one of the last reviews that I write for a while. I am leaving NY area . If I have added up my show total correctly from last summer til now. Tonight was my 70th show. With most of my shows having been seen since after Jan 1. I believe that I am averaging a show every 2 plus days since Jan.
Musical Fanatic
Ballet Girl

cincinnati wrote:The ending to B2B is classic when Michael Dameski flips off of the piano....sad to see it go...
They have already changed Michael back to the flip after one show :oops: :lol:. Sat night the 24th he did it.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Musical Fanatic wrote:they have dropped the whole exchange with the plastic jar full of 50p and scab money. Billy still has it but Clipboard Woman does not mention it nor does Billy. He just carries it through whole scene.
I actually kind of liked this exchange between Billy and the Clipboard Woman. Their fast-paced banter almost had a "Who's On First" quality to it. (For our non-U.S. folks, here's that classic routine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfmvkO5x ... re=related)

One thing I never could figure out is when Billy was trying to hand her the cassette tape, he always said "tay-up" instead of the regular one-syllable pronunciation of "tape." Maybe it's another form of Geordie way of saying things that I didn't know about.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Yes, it's part of the phonetics of Geordie from what I can gather. In Billy's line to Grandma, "Just don't tell Dad I was late, or anything" you get "lay-ut" as well. And "anything" is "en-u-thin."

Since I can't really reproduce the phonetic alphabet here, this might be of interest:
http://www.wikihow.com/Talk-Like-a-Geordie

And this is great fun! :D
http://www.geordie.org.uk/index.htm
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Reviews Archive”