Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: December 2010 - Reviews - London

Post by ERinVA »

Thank you, Nathan. It was quite an enjoyable review. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I loved the review as well. Thanks for taking the time to write it Nathan.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Nice review, Nathan. You Aussies do have a way with words :)
BillyAddict
Tall Boy

Post by BillyAddict »

Brad wrote:
burtond wrote:Great review Nathan. Nice to catch up with you especially in the Duke of York afterwards.
Never been a problem to find him in the closest pub before, after or even during a show.

See I read it too Nathan and it was a good read! :shock:
Sometimes you can find him there during a show :)
167 Performances!

Lochie x 21.5; Nick x 11; Corey x 1; Rhys x 19; Rarmian x 17.75; Dayton x 24.75; Josh W-G x 18; Michael x 19; Josh D x 12; Daniel x 3; Tom x 1; Ollie G x 1; Fox x 1, Liam R x 2, Alex x 5, Cesar x 2, Tommy x 1, John Peter x 1, Peter x 4, Jacob x 2.
Scott x 30; Thomas x 28.25; Joel x 31; Landen x 33.75; Liam x 14; Jake x 1; Connor x 1; George x 1, Trevor x 4, Jake Evan x 3, Gabriel x 8, Keean x 2, Neil x 11.
Fiona x 18; Rosie x 25; Shannon x 23; Kelsi x 23; Prudence x 2; Lauren x 10; Cassandra x 15; Nina x 9; Isabelle x 12; Fleur x 2; Francesca x 1, Issy x 7, Maria x 4, Georgi x 17.
myrte
Small Boy

Post by myrte »

alexandre wrote:
jacob wrote:

Aaron was good too, he gave the impression of being a very gutsy type of kid.
What does gutsy mean?
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

It means having a strong personality, and being a person who is determined, and willing to take risks. A good synonym is "bold."
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
myrte
Small Boy

Post by myrte »

Ok, thanks for the explanation.
alexandre
Small Boy

Post by alexandre »

Well there you go, thanks everyone.

@ Sam: nice to see you're still with us!

@ Brad: you're one to talk, I remember you leaving a show with an esteemed American colleague to continue the festivities up the road

Re Aaron: I felt that he was always trying his heart out and wasn't ever coasting along on autopilot.

Couple of other thoughts:
** Like how Small Boy pushes off the "Her name was Lola" man and drags Dad up before Deep Into The Ground. An import from the first tour.
** Dislike the skipping in B2B. It's never right and all that time spent rehearsing it could be better put into ballet for the swan lake pas de deux. And what's Billy doing with boxing gear in his bag given he's now banned from it and ballet?
** Also continue to dislike having a high female voice in the chorus at the end of Once We Were Kings. It detracts from the masculine power of the miners as they descend and spoils the emotion for me. They don't do it in USA or previously in Aus and all the better for it.

I'll stop now. For a couple of months ;)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

As far as I can remember, the high female voice is there in "Once We Were Kings" in NY as well.
Ellen

Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

I must agree regarding B2B. No matter how many people say they like it, it will not change my mind.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Reviews Archive”