Posting Problems

Post any suggestions, tweaks or problems you have.
burtond
Michael

Posting Problems

Post by burtond »

I don't know if it is something that I am doing or whether this is a common problem:
After spending a good half-hour constructing a review to post yesterday evening following the fabulous Ollie performance, I clicked on SUBMIT and that is the last I saw of the post - totally gone - very frustrating - this has happend to me on at least one other occasion.
When I look at the topic I am posting to, at the time I am trying to post, it seems that other members are posting to the same topic too. Could this be the root of the problem - is there a way around this?
Can you write a post in WORD and upload? I have tried to use the SAVE button but, for the life of me, cannot workout how to recover the saved text.
HELP!!!
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
pexcornel
Miner

Re: Posting Problems

Post by pexcornel »

Yes, when you write long texts, the session may expire so it's always better, not only on this forum but in general, to write your text in notepad or word, or any text processor software.
Then you select all the text (ctrl + A), copy (ctrl + c) and paste (ctrl + v) it into the posts text box. (it can be other combo for mac or other software).

Sorry for the loss of time.
Tanner x3; Fox x4; Ollie x3; Brad x2; Tom x4.
Finale
Former Admin

Post by Finale »

Apologies for the problems caused, burtond.

It has happened to me on numerous occasions in which I've typed out a long message and clicked submit only to find "Internet Explorer cannot display this page", due to an internet connection problem.

So what I do is before submitting anything important Is I "copy" it, and if necessary, "Paste into word" so that way if a problem should occur, it will be backed up.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Aha! - my lesson for today.
Thanks folks. much appreciated.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I have also found that if a post is of significant length, the window does not want to let me see what I am typing at the bottom, so I often do what finale suggested and use Word and paste it back into the post window.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jen
Miner

Post by jen »

I always do reviews in word, then copy and paste and then save them in my Billy Elliot folder, it came in useful as I was able to re-post some early reviews that were lost when the old forum closed.
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
pinknick103
Tony

Post by pinknick103 »

This too has happened to me several times. So frustrating I know, especially when you have typed a really long review. My advice - write the review in word, then copy and paste. Never fails xxx
Dean x1, Leon x1, Trent x1, Josh x12, Layton x10, Corey x5, Fox x10, Tom x15, Brad x5,Ollie x7,Tanner x2, Dean CC x 9, Aaron x 2, Rhys x3, Scott x5, Ryan x10, Adam x2, Kaine x5, Harris x3, Harrison x12, Redmond x3, Ali x1
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Yes, I had the same problem in the early days too. Now I just do as others have suggested, write it in Microsoft word first. You can then save a copy and keep it for your own records / memories. I have quite a few from days gone by!!! :)
hammy
Ballet Girl

Post by hammy »

Maybe there could somehow be a warning on the review pages :lol:
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

hammy wrote:Maybe there could somehow be a warning on the review pages :lol:
Very good idea! ;)

Return to “The Forum - Suggestions, Tweaks or Problems”