Return of the Ranks - Please read

Post any suggestions, tweaks or problems you have.
Finale
Former Admin

Return of the Ranks - Please read

Post by Finale »

The Team have been discussing the post ranks and would like to hear feedback from you guys.

I'm sure you can all remember - the majority who belonged to the old forum - that post ranks were done by Billy Elliot characters. For example:

Small boy (after 25 posts)
Tall boy
Ballet Girl

and then there was (in no particular order) Tony, Grandma, Dad, Mrs Wilkinson, Debbie, Susan Parks (?) until Billy Elliot at 1000 posts. Then further on there was Arthur, Elton's dog, Elton, Steven Daldry and possibly more before returning back to small boy again.

--

*Should the post ranks remain exactly the same?
*Should there be a greater gap between obtaining ranks?
*Should there be more ranks to save it going back to 'small boy' etc. after a certain number? If so, give some possibilities
*Should there even be post ranks at all - do post ranks encourage unnecessary posting?

Or should the ranks be completely changed to a different theme? For example Jabka suggested different dances instead of characters.

We would be greatful to hear from you and hope you enjoy the opportunity to have some input :!:

Thanks,

Site Management
jen
Miner

Re: Return of the Ranks - Please read

Post by jen »

Think that sounds great but don't forget Grandma
It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)
Finale
Former Admin

Post by Finale »

RDA wrote:Yeah I think it's a good idea, and someone could also make rank pictures with photoshop for example. Either I could do it, or billybuddies, for example :P Or anyone else who's good with photoshop and such.
Although that is a good - and very easy to achieve - idea, it would have the downside that people cannot choose their own avatars that they want to have.
Finale
Former Admin

Post by Finale »

perhaps even come up with some new ones?
Well another character is George. There is also the mum as well.
billybuddies4eva
Tall Boy

Post by billybuddies4eva »

Finale wrote:
RDA wrote:Yeah I think it's a good idea, and someone could also make rank pictures with photoshop for example. Either I could do it, or billybuddies, for example :P Or anyone else who's good with photoshop and such.
Although that is a good - and very easy to achieve - idea, it would have the downside that people cannot choose their own avatars that they want to have.

Providing i had suitable pictures, i would happily do it. Maybe we can just make avatars for each rank, and then people can choose if they want to use them or not :)

Or could you have this picture added into the sig pic automatically instead of being an avvie, then it's not so in your face and people can still have there own avatar :)

Corey x3 Layton x3 Josh x2 Tanner x3 Brad x2 Hogan x1 Sam x1 Liam x1 Travis x1 Ollie x2 Fox 1 Trent x0.5 Davidx0.5

Shaun x4 Jonty x3 George x3 Ryan x2 Dean x2 Daniel x2 George x3 Brad x1 Jake x2 Keane x1 Connor x1
Finale
Former Admin

Post by Finale »

Providing i had suitable pictures, i would happily do it. Maybe we can just make avatars for each rank, and then people can choose if they want to use them or not
Not a bad idea. I guess what you could do is make a special avatar for each rank and then upload it to the avatar gallery and then that way members can select it if they wish too. Or the admins could automatically give it to members who don't have an avatar and then they can replace it themselves if they want their own.

So what do you think these avatars would consist of then? If it is Michael for example, it could have colours and themes to represent Michael, maybe a pic of him and then maybe a small title within the avatar saying 'Michael' in fancy font. Up to one's artistic talents! :D
Or could you have this picture added into the sig pic automatically instead of being an avvie, then it's not so in your face and people can still have there own avatar
But then not everyone wants a banner, and some may want some say in that too! :D
billybuddies4eva
Tall Boy

Post by billybuddies4eva »

Yep that's exactly what i was thinking. Make it, upload it, use it or not, easy :D

I'd probably just use a picture, text, and effects, keeping them simple :P

Oh dear...now we have the problem of what billy, micheal to use, as not to be biased :lol: :roll:

Corey x3 Layton x3 Josh x2 Tanner x3 Brad x2 Hogan x1 Sam x1 Liam x1 Travis x1 Ollie x2 Fox 1 Trent x0.5 Davidx0.5

Shaun x4 Jonty x3 George x3 Ryan x2 Dean x2 Daniel x2 George x3 Brad x1 Jake x2 Keane x1 Connor x1
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

I think the rank Billy Elliot should be at 1000 posts and the final one to be reached. I wouldn't be that fussed about reaching a 'Big Davey' or 'George' so wonder whether a couple of them should be done away with?
wert
Small Boy

Post by wert »

I agree with Muppet.
Reaching 'Billy' at 1000 posts and make that the last one sounds a good idea.

With regards avatars and banners.....I personally wouldn't want any sort of banner and I like the fact that people have different avatars because then when you are skimming through posts it is easy to find ones from particular people (or your own so you can quickly see any replies).
Trying to explain a bit more....I find that some people's posts are always worth reading and it makes them easy to identify if they have their own avatar. If avatars became the same I would find it harder to identify particular posters posts.
I'm not saying that some posts aren't worth reading, but sometimes when there is a time pressure a personalised avatar makes it easy to spot ones that you like to read first.
(Don't think I've explained that very well at all and I'm sure I'll have upset someone so I'll give up digging! :? )
johnnyc
Mr Braithwaite

Post by johnnyc »

shadowchaser wrote:
How could I forget Grandam :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Sorry jonnyc :roll:
Ha! I suspect you forgot grandma in retribution for my remark about - whatshisname? :lol:

Return to “The Forum - Suggestions, Tweaks or Problems”