Proofreading

Post any suggestions, tweaks or problems you have.
angelenroute
Billy

Proofreading

Post by angelenroute »

If you ever need any proofreading, let me know as I do it for a living. Of course, I may not always know to use your favorite/favourite spelling and the like. Do the Brits use "jewellery" instead of "jewelry" as well, or is that just Canada?

Oh and as for this site, which I love (great job all involved!!!), I noticed one thing so far that irks me every time I see it. ;-) The description for the Polls section under each continent has "it's" when it should be "its". Nothing critical of course, just trying to help. ;)

Sean

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Re: Proofreading

Post by JohnH »

Sean,

I'll have to own up to that one! :oops: :)

Will change it when I get back home tomorrow evening. The wifi has been a bit flaky over here today and I don't want to risk it dropping out in the middle of an edit.

John
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Sean

I am a compositor and proof reader by trade. I drive people mad pointing out their mistakes all the time. I can't just read an article - I automatically proof read it as well. :oops:
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
hammy
Ballet Girl

Post by hammy »

Anyone want to proof read my 52K novel? :D
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

angelenroute wrote:Oh and as for this site, which I love (great job all involved!!!), I noticed one thing so far that irks me every time I see it. ;-) The description for the Polls section under each continent has "it's" when it should be "its". Nothing critical of course, just trying to help. ;)

Sean
Fixed. :)
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Billy Whiz wrote:Sean

I am a compositor and proof reader by trade. I drive people mad pointing out their mistakes all the time. I can't just read an article - I automatically proof read it as well. :oops:
I knew there was a reason I liked you so much Billy Whiz! =) It's a sickness we have, reading the sides of vans on the streets etc. Crazy we are! :roll: :shock: ;)

"Good writers define reality; bad ones merely restate it." -Edward Albee

Return to “The Forum - Suggestions, Tweaks or Problems”