Splitting Chat About BETM into past and present cast

Post any suggestions, tweaks or problems you have.
jillmichael
Tall Boy

Re: Splitting Chat About BETM into past and present cast

Post by jillmichael »

Hey I didn't realize this discussion was being had, and I guess it's too late, but I really don't like the new separate forums. And I'll tell you why...it makes you click more times to get where you need to be. It's a pain in the butt to have to switch forums to go from one Billy to the other. The reason why I've always appreciated this fourm is the layout and the ease of getting to where you wanted to be with as few clicks as possible, while everything remained organized.

I wish it would go back to the way it was, but I guess I'm alone in my feelings :oops:
electric
Small Boy

Post by electric »

jillmichael wrote:Hey I didn't realize this discussion was being had, and I guess it's too late, but I really don't like the new separate forums. And I'll tell you why...it makes you click more times to get where you need to be. It's a pain in the butt to have to switch forums to go from one Billy to the other. The reason why I've always appreciated this fourm is the layout and the ease of getting to where you wanted to be with as few clicks as possible, while everything remained organized.

I wish it would go back to the way it was, but I guess I'm alone in my feelings :oops:
Well, you're not really alone. I don't mind making the extra click, but I did prefer having all of the Billys just in one section. It does make things more convenient (just a little bit, but hey every little bit counts!). Then I can just make one click and see which Billys have new posts. It's not that I'm an exceptionally lazy person, it's just a bit more user-friendly (in my opinion).

That's actually why I never was able to spend much time on that other, mostly Australian forum...there was literally about 5 clicks involved just to get to the section of current Billys, which drove me crazy and seemed completely unnecessary.
London:
Billy: Tanner x2, Fox x2, Tom x2, Brad x1
Micheal: Lewis x3, George x3, Dean x1

New York:
Billy: Trent x1
Micheal: Frank x1
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

If you have a look back at the start of this thread, the reason for this was to stop the "can't let xxx slip to page two" posts which happened quite regularly on the old forum.

In answer to the fact that this makes it harder to see who has a new post, the easiest way to find out which threads have a new post is to click the "View new posts" link in the top right-hand corner. This way its only one click to the thread you want to have a look at.

No change to the forum is final, if enough members feel they don't like this layout then I'll put it to a vote. It's your forum, you should decide on the layout.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

As JohnH has said, the View New Posts link at the top right of the page is an invaluable tool. I click on it immediately every time upon signing in to see what's been posted since I was last logged on. It saves a huge amount of time in finding what I want. Also, if there is a particular thread that you want to follow on a regular basis, you can subscribe to that thread, and every time a new post is made in it, you will get an email notification. I don't know if these tools would help those of you who don't like the change, but I just thought it might be good to let everyone know about them in case they hadn't realized the options exist. Personally, I like the change, but I wouldn't mind if it went back to the other way either. Because I use the New Posts option, it really doesn't bother me.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
wendy
Tall Boy

Post by wendy »

only me :D just to say i like the split between past and current cast
rather than having one massive long post for all. but will go with the flo :D
Lina
Small Boy

Post by Lina »

I love it, now I can find the topics easier than usual! :)
~ July 24, 2008; Billy Elliot! ~

Return to “The Forum - Suggestions, Tweaks or Problems”