Phil Snowden--Mr. Braithwaite

burtond
Michael

Re: Phil Snowden

Post by burtond »

Oh Dear, I really should have been at the show last night - what with Phil Snowden as Dad and Ollie etc.
Really disappointed. Looking forward to your review pinknick
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

Have many people seen Phil as Dad? I haven't seen the show many times compared to some, but i've seen Phil as Dad twice, and he was great!
x
Chris
Tall Boy

Post by Chris »

I notice that, with unusual speed, they have updated the official website and Phil Snowden is now listed as playing Mr Braithwaite; they don't appear to have updated the understudy bit, though.

Whilst I'm please that Phil finally gets to play a sub-principal role after so long in the ensemble, I will miss the accordion playing Mr Braithwaite in Deep Into the Ground.
"In everything you do, always be yourself"
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Chris wrote:I notice that, with unusual speed, they have updated the official website and Phil Snowden is now listed as playing Mr Braithwaite; they don't appear to have updated the understudy bit, though.

Whilst I'm please that Phil finally gets to play a sub-principal role after so long in the ensemble, I will miss the accordion playing Mr Braithwaite in Deep Into the Ground.
I did offer to teach Phil a bit of Accordion playing when we met him in the bar after one of the shows last week, but he said he had no intention of 'pumping the sqeeze box' :lol: Lovely guy though.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Post by Deanfan5 »

Just a word of praise for Phil who played Dad on Tuesday night even though with his long hair I wondered what sort of Dad he would make to Billy. Over the years this must be the third time I had seen Phil in this role.
Quite a gruff exterior in Act 1 as we would expect but a remarkable portryal of a softening and engaging Dad in act 2. Of particular note was Dad's song at the party. Beautifully and sadly sung with a little patter to recall fondly his ex-wife to begin with and how she had been a good friend to those present at the Christmas party. Overall one of the most evocative renditions of this ballad I can recall which will remain in my memory for a long time. Well done our very versatile performer Phil.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

You can briefly see Phil S. in this video from last night's Les Mis concert. I think it might have been his son who actually filmed it. Well done Mr S you have been very busy as I can see.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXuJx3VhSNM
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

I saw Les Mis broadcast live into the cinema last night and spotted Phill :D
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

I didn't realise it was him until Yorksdell told me in the interval!
Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Post by Deanfan5 »

Those of you in the Milton Keynes area please note that Phil (and another leaving cast member who I cannot recall) are appearing in this years Pantomime 'Dick Whittington'. Phil is playing the Alderman. I believe Chris H is responsible for the music.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Any donations for Phil and Ann Emery's leaving gifts have to be in by midnight next Saturday. This is our opportunity to repay them for all the pleasure that they have given us.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.

Return to “Cast - London”