It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 am

All times are UTC

Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Forum Rules

Print view Previous topic | Next topic 
 Post subject: Re: Chat About Road Company, Williamstown. NJ, 10/19 - 11/4 2017
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:10 am 
Mr Braithwaite

I just wanted to encourage anyone who can, to attend several shows during “Regional” productions. Because of their limited time and budgets, these shows do not have unlimited tech rehearsals and continue to improve during their run after opening.
I just attended the opening night, mid-run and closing nights of Billy Elliot the Musical in Williamstown over a two week period.
Opening night was a thrill and the cast seemed so happy that they “pulled it off”. It was great fun.
The mid-run had some great tweaks and less nerves. Everyone was proud.
Closing night was presented by a close-knit cast working as one. No one should miss closing night. Attending multiple nights gives the full experience and costs under $75.
The Grand Theater in Williamstown, NJ may be the best spot to see the advantages of a small regional. BETM is closed now but I recommend that anyone nearby check out this great venue to view the great upcoming shows. It’s worth even a long drive.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:56 pm 
Billy

Here is the Final Finale, posted on The Road Company's Facebook page"

https://www.facebook.com/roadcompany99/ ... tif_t=like

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:56 am 
Small Boy

I have found the best formula for watching Billy Elliot The Musical; It is an extremely talented 11 year old performing with a professional-quality Company in a small theater at a bargain admission. The Road Company of Williamstown had all this. I can’t wait for it to return.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:21 pm 
Small Boy

I have seen BETM at many different venues. Some were large like The Straz in Tampa and Academy of Music in Philadelphia. Some were small like The Media Theater in Pennsylvania and The Venice Theater in Florida. And some were really small like The Grand Theater in NJ. All were impressive.

But I have to agree with my friends that the small regionals were a superior experience overall to the large Broadway productions. Some of the regionals, like Venice, had Broadway-quality scenery, but most had bare bones backdrops. Some had Broadway-quality child performers, like The Grand, but most had excellent-for-their age kids.

But all the regionals had infectious enthusiasm. It’s always more fun when the audience is full of relatives, friends, classmates and teachers. And the smaller the theater, the more personal it becomes.

So in my dozen or so viewings, I have to rank the presentation of The Road Company at The Grand Theater as the best overall experience.