Chat About Road Company, Williamstown. NJ, 10/19 - 11/4 2017

accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Re: Road Company, Williamstown. NJ, 10/19 - 11/4 2017

Post by accessmenj »

Looking at the cast of the Road Company's presentation of Billy Elliot The Musical, I am reminded of the family sacrifice that takes place at almost every venue. Both Liam's family and Noah's family will have a long drive to get their child to training and rehearsals four times or more every week for two and a half months. Then they must wait for hours until the return home. And some of the other children also require long drives and waits from their family for the lesser roles.
So here's a salute to the parents, older siblings, aunts and uncles, grandparents, teachers and family friends who give up so much of their time for the advancement of the children and our enjoyment of this show. It proves that "It takes a village to raise a child".
madashell
Small Boy

Re: Chat About Road Company, Williamstown. NJ, 10/19 - 11/4 2017

Post by madashell »

Who would have thought, with the closing of the Broadway production and tours, that Billy Elliot the Musical would live on years later; not only live on, but prosper all around the USA and the world.

The regional and school productions have excelled beyond my highest expectations. Thousands of children have been inspired and motivated. Thousands of adults have felt the reward of watching this inspiring musical change the lives of young people in the cast and in the audience. Only the regional productions could reach so many people that the Broadway productions could not.

The Road Company of Williamstown is an excellent theater company that always seems to touch the community that it serves. I can’t wait to see their presentation of Billy Elliot the Musical on opening night, October 19th. I will be watching the facial expressions of the children for the indications that this great musical has changed their lives. I didn’t think it possible, but regional theaters are even more inspiring than the Broadway shows.
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

The Road Company has posted some production photos on their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/roadcompany99/ ... 8223822013
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

We worried that the presentations of Billy Elliot the Musical would decrease in quality after the professional tours ended. Boy were we wrong!
The Road Company, lead by Lauri Hudson and Scott Angehr, has produced a throughly entertaining version of this great show.
Liam Redford is a spectacular Billy.
Noah Hinsdale presents Michael’s character perfectly.
Lauri, herself, plays the best Grandma that I have seen since the Broadway production.
The Ensemble sounded powerful.
In fact, everyone did a great job. Billy Elliot the Musical is alive and well at the local level.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

Here is a snippet of Liam in Electricity:

https://www.facebook.com/roadcompany99/ ... =2&theater
accessmenj
Mr Braithwaite

Post by accessmenj »

Great venue. See it before November 4 th.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=you ... doIC0bSiwE
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

That's a great video, and Liam looks like an amazing dancer!
andrewcraig
Tony

Post by andrewcraig »

ALLMIXEDUP
Small Boy

Post by ALLMIXEDUP »

I can’t say enough good about the Grand Theater and The Road Company in Williamstown, NJ. This old movie theater was seriously damaged about 10 years ago and completely rebuilt. Everyone associated with it is extremely professional. Go see BETM before November 4, and any other shows that they have after that. Tickets are $25 or less, so you can afford to go often.

Return to “Road Company, Williamstown. NJ, 10/19 - 11/4 2017”