Dean Charles Chapman

Borrobil
Ballet Girl

Re: Dean Charles Chapman

Post by Borrobil »

It's really difficult to see where they will go with Dean's character. The real Dean I've seen is way more gutsy and spirited than anything I've seen regarding Tommen so far. I can't see they would recruit Dean to play a wimpish boy under his mother's cosh. I hope he gets lessons in swordsmanship and a lot of the action.
~ Paul ~
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

This article in Yareah Magazine answers the question: "Tommen Baratheon at Game of Thrones. Who is Dean-Charles Chapman?"

Nice article!

http://www.yareah.com/2014/04/19/game-t ... s-chapman/
tzwicky
George

Too bad I didn't read the books yet..........

Post by tzwicky »

I was over the moon when I spotted Dean in such a great spot at the Purple Wedding. He must have been in a dozen snippets right there with the heads of the ruling family.

But, the episode was all leading to how it ended up, so even heirs to the throne were seemingly just window dressing, at that point. I was kinda disappointed that the directing had Dean pouting in every shot in which he could be seen. Not being a reader of the series, I cannot imagine why Tommen had to look so pouty the whole time. Nervous would make more sense, or distracted, but not pouty.

Oopsie. Gotta remember to read a thread totally before jumping to assumptions. Three cheers Steven, for making things a bit more clear for "non-readers" like me without giving away anything extra. You "readers" have to walk carefully, but thanks for pointing out the "If looks could kill" motivation. If that's what's going on, the direction obviously had more to do with anger than pouting. And that was obviously a seething guy there at the head table.

I am right on the edge of not being able to handle all the characters and plots. But GOT is totally worth the effort.

(Not that I don't have a right to be a bit gun-shy with Dean's previous casting on GOT. It took me about 4-5 repeats of Dean as Martyn Lannister to get over how he was in and out so fast. Shocking.)

But I am looking forward to this week's GOT and whatever it has in store for Tommen.

tzwicky
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

He speaks!!! Pretty good scene. Followed be a very very VERY wroooooooong scene. I'm pretty sure a dead guy laughed in out takes during filming that(even if laughing would be very very wrong too).
Borrobil
Ballet Girl

Post by Borrobil »

There are now 12 open copies of Dean's complete scene with Charles Dance, on Youtube, so the GoT fans are impressed 8-) . I am sure those who havn't seen him will find their own way there.(before they get deleted)
~ Paul ~
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

Well we know who's in power after that scene...and it's not Dean lol. Charles Dance was like that the whole episode, just masterfully manipulating friend and bitter foe...Joffery being dead has simplified his job, for now :twisted:
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Here's yet another "meet Tommen" article about Dean, this one from End of Show, which is a media review website:

Reader Beware! The article contains spoilers from Episodes 2 & 3 of season #4.

http://www.endofshow.com/2014/04/23/gam ... et-tommen/
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

warning they mangle a couple Billy facts too :lol:
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

2009 revival? 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - London”