Scott McKenzie

athadj
Miner

Re: Scott McKenzie

Post by athadj »

AJ HOLDEN wrote:Now where are the reviews. I've been waiting all night
The only thing I've read up to now -on facebook - was that "He was brlilliant". Hmmm I guess "some people" chose to go to bed and get some sleep instead of letting us know how it went...Shame on you guys (you lucky @$%#@&!!!!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

A fantastic debut performance from Scott - our 24th London Billy - very confident acting with a great singing voice & wonderful Ballet technique.
He did himself, his family & all of Scotland very proud with a cracking debut, full of energy, enthusiasm & great little unique touches. It was like he had been playing Billy for years. He coped very well with a couple of mishaps - i.e. when he lost one of Billy's Trainers during Shine & he showed no sign of nerves at all throughout the performance.
One of the best debut Angry Dances & Electricity's I have seen & I absolutely loved his little bit of Scottish Highland Dancing during Billy's dance moves in the Boxing Scene - brilliant stuff.

Well done Scott - a perfect debut performance & great to have a fellow Scotsman back as Billy.

BTW, Scott has joined Dean in wearing the dark blue stripey top (although Scott's is obviously new & the blue hasn't faded like Dean's)
and Scott's Billy wears a darker blue(almost black) version of Billy's Gola Trainers.
and for anyone that doesn't know yet - Scott is a Ballet Billy.
Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Post by Deanfan5 »

Loved the Scottish touches Scott. Think I will have to prime myself with a scotch when this Billy performs though will have to smugggle in a hip flask given VP bar prices!.
Scott in his resume says he wants eventually to train as a ballet dancer. Well on last night's showing he clearly has the potential. It will be a pleasure to see this Billy grow into the role and make it his own. All we want is mist and midges now. :lol:
KeefyM
Michael

Post by KeefyM »

Deanfan5 wrote: I did detect a Dumbarton twang now and then! All we want is mist and midges now. :lol:
Och Aye The Noo! ;)
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Thanks Scotty for a wonderful performance last night. You are clearly going to be a very capable young Billy. Good luck with the role.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

Great to hear :)

edit; the official site has been updated. (how quick for once!)

"Hi, my name is Scott Mckenzie, I'm 13 years old and I come from Scotland. I am the second Scottish Billy ever to play the role (wow!). I don't really get homesick because there is too much to think about, although it is a different story for my parents! Even though they miss me they support me 100%.

It's hard work, but to have a lead role on a west end stage in London is amazing. This is a dream role for me as I am hoping to train professionally as a ballet dancer and hope to become the best of the best!

I haven't got here on my own. There are so many people that have helped me, and you all know who you are. THANK YOU! Thanks especially to my close family, I love you loads. I'd like to say my biggest thank you to my Mum and Dad who have been my own personal chauffeurs and chaperones for the last few years. They mean the world to me!

Enjoy the show!"
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Post by Deanfan5 »

burtond wrote:Flippin Scots - they're everywhere! ;) ;) ;) :lol:
Now then Dave there is no need to be racist :lol: You might end up being mugged by the tartan mafia on the Forum.
Great to see Scott continuing the tradition of Sam so well. Looking forward to his future performances.
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by patc »

What's that old saying? "Half a loaf is better than no bread".

In Part 1 of Thursday's evening show Scott gave us a fantastic taste of what is to come. Hopefully he has recovered from the minor mishap announced that prevented him restarting and I can't wait for next time. His acting, dancing, singing (in whatever order you want to put them) was breathtaking. And those magnificent, intense, angry eyes certainly left their imprint on the memory of those who were lucky to be there to see them.

Pat
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Great News!

Looks like Scott's injury was, indeed, minor as he is back on the cast board for today's matinee.
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

patc wrote:What's that old saying? "Half a loaf is better than no bread".

In Part 1 of Thursday's evening show Scott gave us a fantastic taste of what is to come. Hopefully he has recovered from the minor mishap announced that prevented him restarting and I can't wait for next time. His acting, dancing, singing (in whatever order you want to put them) was breathtaking. And those magnificent, intense, angry eyes certainly left their imprint on the memory of those who were lucky to be there to see them.

BTW, if anyone knows where I can find a photo of Scott (eyes looking straight into a camera) for my ongoing signature I'd be very grateful.

Pat
Great to hear he is back :)

How about this photograph? http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=3 ... 1773355010
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11

Return to “Cast - London”