Post by Barry Appleby »

Hi

HAVE A GREAT NIGHT, SCOTT "ALL THE BEST"

Barry
AJ HOLDEN
Tall Boy

Re: Scott McKenzie

Post by AJ HOLDEN »

I will wish you good luck and NOT break a leg after the potential diaster that almost befell Rhys on the rising bed recently.

And Scott, don't be upset at what little Nathan my son said to you on Saturday outside the pub

When he said "Good luck you'll need it" he meant something entirely different (I think), although I haven't quite worked it out yet.

Just seen the clock and you should be hopscotching across the floor right now and the start of a great Billy career.

Alex
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

Break a leg Scott

But not literally, of course as Alex mentioned!

Have a great show tonight and hopefully I will catch you in a couple of weeks!
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I don't know about the British tradition, but in the US it is considered BAD luck in the theatre to be wished GOOD luck on opening night, so that is how "Break a leg" came to be.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
athadj
Miner

Post by athadj »

ERinVA wrote:I don't know about the British tradition, but in the US it is considered BAD luck in the theatre to be wished GOOD luck on opening night, so that is how "Break a leg" came to be.
I think it's the same in the english speaking world, even though I'm not a native speaker of course, which is why I didn't dare wish "good luck" to Scott. Ooops now I jinx it :o
Athina

London
Liam x 1, Ollie x 4, Dean x 11, Rhys x 8, Aaron x 4, Scott x 9, Josh x 10, Ryan x 10, Adam x 6, Kaine x 7, Harris x 6, Harrison x 2
New York
Peter x 1
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Yes it is the same in the United Kingdom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Break_a_leg
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Well Scott's first show should be over now and it's time to move him into Present Cast.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Interesting that he started tonight, since there hadn't been any mention of him recently. I guess I figured a new Billy wouldn't start until Ollie finished.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

In addition, there has been no advance publicity about Scott's starting either. :(
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
AJ HOLDEN
Tall Boy

Post by AJ HOLDEN »

Scott was surprised we knew his start date when we wished him luck on Saturday.

Now where are the reviews. I've been waiting all night

Alex

Return to “Cast - London”