Ryan Collinson

Muppet
Michael

Is Ryan next Billy Elliot?

Post by Muppet »

"Is Ryan next Billy Elliot?"

This was the tagline underneath a photograph of an 11 yr old 'Colin Bates lookalike' called RYAN COLLINSON on the FRONT PAGE of the newspaper that came through my letterbox tonight!

Inside the paper, there was another article headed:

"West End chance for Ryan"

A young dancer from Ainsdale is in the running to play Billy Elliot in the West End. Ryan Collinson started to learn ballet after receiving a Billy Elliot DVD for Christmas in 2008. His mum said "he watched it over and over again and said he wanted to go to ballet classes". At the Manchester auditions for Billy Elliot, Ryan was chosen to appear in a pilot documentary called "Becoming Billy Elliot", which is planned to be on BBC2. Ryan won a recent starquest competition in Prestatyn.

Trust me this kid REALLY does look like Colin, with a big beaming smile and blond hair!! Unfortunately I can't find anything yet on line except some pics of him at last years local charity funfest where he is dancing on stage. Click the link below and keep flicking through the photos until you find about 3 photos of Ryan doing some impressive streetdancing on stage!!

http://www.southportvisiter.co.uk/video ... -23876552/

ALL THE BEST RYAN! ;) ;)

I HOPE A LOCAL LAD MAKES IT TO THE VICTORIA PALACE THEATRE STAGE SOON!

NB What's this about a documentary coming soon on TV called "Becoming Billy Elliot"???!! :o
hammy
Ballet Girl

Re: Is Ryan next Billy Elliot?

Post by hammy »

Fantastic! I hope he gets his dream.

Also a program about becoming Billy Elliot - how awesome :D 2 great things in one.
Leon 2/05/07, Josh 28/12/07, Corey 16/06/08, Corey 12/07/08, Layton 28/08/08, Tanner 27/12/08, Fox 4/07/09, Tom 15/08/2009, Tom (5th Anniversary show) - 31/3/2010, Rhys 21/10/10
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Muppet wrote: Trust me this kid REALLY does look like Colin, with a big beaming smile and blond hair!!
Actually, the kid you're referring to who looks like Colin is Jack Davidson - another kid who was trying out for the talent competition. And you're right, he does look a lot like Colin ! He's pictured among the photos of Ryan Collinson, so the mix-up is understandable.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

When I clicked that link, I got a page of videos to click on, but none of them was about Ryan. :?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

ERinVA wrote:When I clicked that link, I got a page of videos to click on, but none of them was about Ryan. :?
It's the photo of the youngster kicking a ball that you keep clicking on ERinVA. The pictures will change every time you click on it.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks. So Ryan is the one flipping in two shots, but the kid that looks like Colin is Jack Davidson. I get it now. :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
burtond
Michael

Post by burtond »

Ryan certainly looks the part Muppet.
Good luck to the guy.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

Todd wrote:
Muppet wrote: Trust me this kid REALLY does look like Colin, with a big beaming smile and blond hair!!
Actually, the kid you're referring to who looks like Colin is Jack Davidson - another kid who was trying out for the talent competition. And you're right, he does look a lot like Colin ! He's pictured among the photos of Ryan Collinson, so the mix-up is understandable.
There is NO MIX UP! :)

To clarify...in my local newspaper there are two photographs of Ryan Collinson which I can't scan and upload for you unfortunately. But I am trying to describe to you what he looks like because you can't see him!

....And he does look like Colin Bates in my opinion! Mop of blond hair, narrowish eyes, big smile, etc. :)

On one of the pics he has a baseball cap on sideways and looks a bit of a dude! 8-)
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Sorry, I thought you had him confused with the kid who was singing, who definitely did look a lot like Colin. Didn't realize you had seen other pictures in your paper of Ryan Collinson. Guess there must have been a plethora of Colin look-alikes that day !
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ryan Collinson

Post by porschesrule »

According to this twitter message by Mark Shenton, London theatre writer, Ryan Collinson will debut as Billy tonight at the VPT:

"The West End's BILLY ELLIOT gets its 26th Billy today when 12-yo Ryan Collinson from Southport joins to play the role."

http://blogs.thestage.co.uk/shenton/

Return to “Cast - London”