Colin Bates

Muppet
Michael

Colin Bates

Post by Muppet »

As Colin's #1 supporter I would like to start up the new thread dedicated to my first Billy.

Thank you Colin for 15 x awesome shows
(27th May 2006 - 24th February 2007)

You really were..

- Sensational
- Inspirational

"Simply The Best"
colinbates817
Audience Member

Re: Colin Bates

Post by colinbates817 »

:D Hello everyone who views this,
This is Colin (Bates) and since I don't have website (yet!) like a lot of other previous Billy's I just wanted to let everyone know what I have been up to. I am currently living in Los Angeles where I am studying music, dance, and theater at a college. I am currently auditioning for a lot of TV and Film projects but nothing has come up except a few callbacks. I don;t know if a lot of you know this but I have ben playing guitar for a few years and recently I have started to become really passionate about playing and writing music. The biggest news that I have to say is that I AM STARTING A BAND. We are definite what our name is going to be but we have a few ideas.................. I am starting the band with my two best friends from Pennsylvania, Willis Brindley and Kevin Wrzesinski, who have had a band for 4 years throughout high school called FALSTAFF. Kevin and I will switch off between guitar and bass; Willis will play lead guitar; Willis's bro, Bobby, will play drums; and Willis, Kevin, and I will all be vocals. I am leaving LA in mid May and driving cross country to meet up with the rest of the band where we will spend two months at home writing new songs, revamping old Falstaff songs, and putting a few of my songs that I have written acoustically into band songs! In August a record label called "Reputable Records" will be recording a demo with us as a trial while we are performing around LA and getting out there. Then Reputable Records will try to co-sign our band for distribution with a bigger record label. As soon as we get a website and our songs available to download I will let everyone know! This summer I will post a sneak peak of a few songs that we will record in PA. We can't do it without the fans!!!!!!!! So thank you and stay tuned because we are going to Rock!
Thanks,
Colin
colinbates817
Audience Member

Post by colinbates817 »

feel free to ask any questions
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

Ah that's really cool.. thanks for letting us know :) woww :) I'll look out for it :P
x
sleepylins
Ballet Girl

Post by sleepylins »

Thanks for the update Colin, it is really great to hear from you, and best of luck with the band and future auditions etc.
Billy:-
Coreyx5, Samx1, Josh.Fx8, Trentx5, Laytonx7, Hoganx2, Fox x10, Tomx10, Tannerx6, Bradx5,Olliex6,Deanx5,Rhysx4,Aaronx2,Scottx2,Josh.Bx0,Ryanx1, Adamx0
Michael:-
Laytonx1, Shaunx14 1/5, Jontyx10 4/5, Danielx4, Lewisx9, Deanx4, Georgex5 , Jakex10, Connor.Dx3,Connor.Kx12, Joex3,Reecex2,Connor.Lx1
Debbie:-
Leighx1, Leycix6, Amyx7, Scarlettx15, Meganx6, Aliciax6, Annabellex6, Fleurx11,Francescax12,Emily.Sx8, Emily.Wx1
79 WONDERFUL SHOWS
Jabka
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jabka »

I see you have some tracks on your site Colin, have you played any gigs yet? or have you got some planned soon.
Ruth
23/05/07 the day Billy danced into my life :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
JohnH
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by JohnH »

Welcome to the forum Colin, thanks for the update.
ilovebillyelliotlots
Tall Boy

Post by ilovebillyelliotlots »

heyy colin! :D good luck with your band! :D
02.10.08 - Tanner
31.12.08 - Tom
22.01.09 - Tanner
12.05.09 - Ollie
26.06.09 - Tanner/Tom
26.09.09 - Tanner
28.11.09 - Tom
01.01.10 - Ollie
I love this show! :D
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

colinbates817 wrote::So thank you and stay tuned because we are going to Rock!
Okay, will do!

And I'm sure you will rock Colin!! :ugeek:

My 100th post is dedicated to wishing you every success with your band!! 8-)

I have a question...

Can I be a roadie or manager on your first UK tour?! :)
maria
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by maria »

Hey Colin!

Thank you so much for the update! Will your band be performing at all back East once you are back? If so, please keep us posted! Maryland is not that far away from PA...

I don't know if you remember this, but we were once on the same plane headed back from London to Baltimore. You were heading home for Thanksgiving for a brief visit. We had just seen you as Billy two nights before and were thrilled to meet up with you and your lovely mom. You kindly posed for pictures and were a real good sport about talking two a couple of "old" (well, relatively speaking, of course) ladies.

Good luck with your studies and auditions and the band!!!

maria
<- A new use for the Billy Bag!!!

Return to “Cast - London”