Ann Emery

NIKKIE-NIKKIE
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Ann Emery

Post by NIKKIE-NIKKIE »

Ann is 'Grandma' and always will be 'Grandma' for me.

I have been to many many shows, and I think I can count on one hand the number of times that Ann has not actually played 'Grandma'.

What a trooper.

And to show your age, who remembers her in "Rentaghost" :?
Take life with a pinch of salt.....a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Muppet
Michael

Re: Ann Emery

Post by Muppet »

NIKKIE-NIKKIE wrote:
And to show your age, who remembers her in "Rentaghost" :?
Mrs Meaker?

I remember it!! I used to like it!
Jabka
Forum Founder
Forum Founder

Post by Jabka »

I admit it I was a fan of rentaghost too!!
Quite scary how long ago it was on... :shock: :shock:
Ruth
23/05/07 the day Billy danced into my life :D

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid beholder a black eye.
Miss Piggy
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Duffman
Audience Member

Post by Duffman »

How often does Ann not play Grandma? I really can't imagine anyone else in the role, though obviously the NYC and Australian productions have their own grandmas.

When she is away who usually stands in? Is there an understudy/alternate in the ensemble who gets made up to look older or do they have a more aged person on standby?
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

I found this great clip of Ann Emery as Mrs Meeker in Rentaghost...Ahhhh it brings back nostalgic childhood memories!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0LiQhMmg4s
han25
Small Boy

Post by han25 »

NIKKIE-NIKKIE wrote:Ann is 'Grandma' and always will be 'Grandma' for me.
I completely agree, i seriously can't imagine anybody else playing Grandma, she is just perfect :mrgreen:
Billy : Matthew x1 Trent x1 Layton x2 Ollie x3 Tom x3 Tanner x2 Brad x1 Dean x1
Michael : Shaun x4 George x3 Lewis x1 Jake x3 Connor x1 Connor K x1 Joe x1
Debbie : Leyci x2 Scarlet x2 Alicia x1 Annabelle x1 Fleur x4 Francesca x4

31/3/10- One of the best nights of my life...

*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

NIKKIE-NIKKIE wrote:Ann is 'Grandma' and always will be 'Grandma' for me.
Agree! Watching broadway Grandma (alpolgies I dont know her name) just didnt feel right for me. But no offence intended. Just so used to Ann i suppose, she IS grandma :)
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

*Lottie* wrote:Agree! Watching broadway Grandma (alpolgies I dont know her name) just didnt feel right for me. But no offence intended. Just so used to Ann i suppose, she IS grandma :)
Her name is Carole Shelley and she is a former Tony winner as well as being nominated twice more. Her role as Grandma is different to Ann but she is also excellent.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
*Lottie*
Tony

Post by *Lottie* »

Billy Whiz wrote:
*Lottie* wrote:Agree! Watching broadway Grandma (alpolgies I dont know her name) just didnt feel right for me. But no offence intended. Just so used to Ann i suppose, she IS grandma :)
Her name is Carole Shelley and she is a former Tony winner as well as being nominated twice more. Her role as Grandma is different to Ann but she is also excellent.
Thankyou. I'd love too see her different portrayal
Charlotte

The Musical Vs The Film - " there's more depth & passion to it" - Scott Mckenzie 9.3.11

Return to “Cast - London”