Post by kport »

Here is the relevant article, from BroadwayWorld:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/westend/ar ... T-20150107#
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ann Emery

Post by ERinVA »

With sadness, I have now moved Ann's thread to Former Cast.

I am so glad that she stayed with the show through the making and broadcasting of Billy Elliot Live so that people all over the world got (and will continue to get) to see her as Grandma.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

A sad say for Billy Elliot The Musical fans.

Gillian is just perfect to follow in Ann's shoes though.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Now that is has, sadly, been announced that Ann Emery has retired I thought I would post these photos that I took of her at the 4th Birthday Show on May 12th, 2009. It was also Ollie Gardner's opening night. Just before the show started we were told that we could take photos during the Finale.

Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Ann will always be the "gold standard" of actresses who perform this role, in my opinion. She will be sorely missed. Does anyone know if any mention was made at her final performance that she was retiring ?
FM-Switzerland
Tall Boy

Post by FM-Switzerland »

Todd wrote:Ann will always be the "gold standard" of actresses who perform this role, in my opinion. She will be sorely missed. Does anyone know if any mention was made at her final performance that she was retiring ?
There wasn't any mention.
Last show was on Nov. 8th 2014 as far as I know.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

From The Stage, here is an interview with Ann about the reason for her departure:

http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/2015/01/ ... liot-time/
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Emery described the cast as a “family” and said she had been given a send-off at the end of last year, where speeches were made and she was presented with framed pictures from her time in the production.
I am so happy to hear that her departure was recognized and celebrated by the company, even if it was kept from the public for a while. Godspeed Ann!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I agree.

I hope her back pain gets better with rest.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
FanBilly
Small Boy

Post by FanBilly »

I don't have time to post a picture, but Ann's departure made the front page of The Stage newspaper

Return to “Cast - London”