George

Dean McCarthy

Post by sfo »

A new thread for Dean
patc
Mrs Wilkinson

Re: Dean McCarthy

Post by patc »

And lest we forget. Dean on the Late, Late Show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUKC9p19nDA

Pat
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Dean McCarthy

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

I don't know anything about Dean, apart from his injury, and i've seen a clip of him dancing on Youtube, but not in Billy.. he's the only Billy i've never heard sing!
So, what was he like as Billy? As an actor, singer, and of course, dancer? :)
x
Muppet
Michael

Post by Muppet »

chocchipcookie26 wrote:I don't know anything about Dean, apart from his injury, and i've seen a clip of him dancing on Youtube, but not in Billy.. he's the only Billy i've never heard sing!
So, what was he like as Billy? As an actor, singer, and of course, dancer? :)
x
Dean always smiled! (Another Corey in that sense!) :P
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Aww :) So does Fox ;) :roll:
x
Justin
Tall Boy

Post by Justin »

I only saw Dean twice as Billy - both times in December 2006, so very early on in his run. I thought Dean actually played the part of Billy very young. There was a sweet innocence to his Billy, and an almost naive vulnerability. Of particular interest, I remember that the relationship between Dean's Billy and Dad was very compelling to watch. Many other Billys chose to highlight the central Billy-adult relationship as a more maternal one - whether it be about Billy and Mrs Wilkinson, or Billy and his (in)ability to deal with the loss of his Dead Mum. With Dean it was slightly different. His portrayal emphasised the Billy-Dad relationship. His Billy admired his Dad and looked up to him. There was a certain closeness there - you could almost picture Dean's Billy seeking out Dad a lot more. James, who played Dad on both shows, responded to this dynamic in kind. He seemed more protective of Dean's Billy, more...indulgent even.

One other rather strange item I remember of Dean's Billy - in Expressing Yourself, he wore a pale yellow top...
Red's my colour
Chris
Tall Boy

Post by Chris »

In the one show he did after sustaining the original injury, I remember Michael, either Shaun or Jonty, producing the orange cardigan, and announcing "Nothing goes with ginger.....orange does!". Somebody else is right, for all Dean's physical size and maturity, he played quite a young Billy, if that makes sense.
"In everything you do, always be yourself"
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Justin wrote:I only saw Dean twice as Billy - both times in December 2006, so very early on in his run. I thought Dean actually played the part of Billy very young. There was a sweet innocence to his Billy, and an almost naive vulnerability. Of particular interest, I remember that the relationship between Dean's Billy and Dad was very compelling to watch. Many other Billys chose to highlight the central Billy-adult relationship as a more maternal one - whether it be about Billy and Mrs Wilkinson, or Billy and his (in)ability to deal with the loss of his Dead Mum. With Dean it was slightly different. His portrayal emphasised the Billy-Dad relationship. His Billy admired his Dad and looked up to him. There was a certain closeness there - you could almost picture Dean's Billy seeking out Dad a lot more. James, who played Dad on both shows, responded to this dynamic in kind. He seemed more protective of Dean's Billy, more...indulgent even.

One other rather strange item I remember of Dean's Billy - in Expressing Yourself, he wore a pale yellow top...
That's a lovely analysis, i'm happy that i know more about him, knew the least about him before
Fancy doing that about all the past Billies? ;) :lol:
x
AmiB
Audience Member

Post by AmiB »

Deans profile picture on facebook is of him with a cigarette in his mouth :roll:
"Fetch me a looking glass"
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Are you sure that is Dean himself, or just a picture he likes? Doesn't look that much like him to me. :?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - London”