Joanna Riding

burtond
Michael

Re: Joanna Riding

Post by burtond »

Meagan312 wrote:Ahhh good good, I see. Sorry 'bad' was a wrong choice of word, I meant causing you to feel this way.
No problem.
I think ultimately, the show for me is on such a high pedastal it may be very difficult to knock it off. But, if it were to ever be knocked off, it would come down to earth with a big bang! ;)
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.
shockvalue
Audience Member

Post by shockvalue »

burtond wrote:The new show is certainly not bad (I will always love it to bits!)although I am not at ease with some of the new elements in Act I.
I'm sure in time Genevieve will grow on me
The nature of BETM is that it is always changing. In terms of the childrens cast changing due to age, adult cast changes, the different characteristics of each of the Billys and the tweaking of the scenes that goes on around this etc etc. The recent change of actors and creative change has probably been the most intensive for the London production. Having recently seen London shows as well as many in Australia I like the changing creativity - OK some of the changes may be more appreciated by some than others. With such a long running show changes are needed to keep it fresh. I don't think Genevieve will need to grow on you - you will need to grow on her! She is one of the best Mrs W and has contributed much to the show and I have no doubt will settle in well in London . You might be having a "Billy mid life crisis" at the moment - hope it passes!
Chris
Tall Boy

Post by Chris »

From Baz Bamigboye in today's Mail

Joanna Riding and cabaret performer Meow Meow will bring Michel Legrand’s lush, romantic musical The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg into the Gielgud Theatre, with previews from March 5 and an official opening night set for March 22.
"In everything you do, always be yourself"
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

Oh, that is the most beautiful film, would love to see that
x
Deanfan5
Ballet Girl

Post by Deanfan5 »

Chris wrote:From Baz Bamigboye in today's Mail

Joanna Riding and cabaret performer Meow Meow will bring Michel Legrand’s lush, romantic musical The Umbrellas Of Cherbourg into the Gielgud Theatre, with previews from March 5 and an official opening night set for March 22.
For listeners of Classic FM (like me) they are now advertising this show and highlighting Joanna. I hope that many Billy fans will go across and support her. I will.
chocchipcookie26
Tony

Post by chocchipcookie26 »

And it was on Front Row last week
Stunning film, i'm sad the stage show will be in English tbh! But definitely want to see it
x
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Here's an article from Playbill about The Umbrellas of Cherbourg, which officially opens today.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/14 ... d-March-22
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Broadwayworld.com reports that the current show in which Joanna appears, "Umbrellas of Cherbourg" will close early (May 21), instead of the previously announced October 1 close date:

http://westend.broadwayworld.com/articl ... 1_20110404
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

That's a shame but the couple of reviews I read were not good.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Nevertheless, here's a nice interview with Joanna about "Umbrellas" etc. that has appeared today:
http://www.broadway.com/shows/umbrellas ... cherbourg/
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.

Return to “Cast - London”