Jacob Clemente

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New Tall Boy for BETMNY - Jacob Clemente

Post by porschesrule »

Thanks for the update, John. It was great you got to meet Jacob's family and got some first-hand info from them about Jacob. The newspaper article is also very informative.

So Jacob is just 12 years old. That would seem to make him worth the investment by the company if he's got the talent to be either a Michael or a Billy.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

At the stage door on Sunday Jacob was a little upset and it transpires that Sunday's performance was Jacob's last as Tall Boy. He is starting training to become a Billy. He will be training in New York with the Chicago Billys but I assume he will be performing in New York at some later date. He was obviously upset about leaving his friends at the Imperial - but I'm sure he will keep in touch and may even pop up occasionally as Tall Boy

We wish him well.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
Safuza
Ballet Girl

Post by Safuza »

Billy Whiz wrote:At the stage door on Sunday Jacob was a little upset and it transpires that Sunday's performance was Jacob's last as Tall Boy. He is starting training to become a Billy. He will be training in New York with the Chicago Billys but I assume he will be performing in New York at some later date. He was obviously upset about leaving his friends at the Imperial - but I'm sure he will keep in touch and may even pop up occasionally as Tall Boy

We wish him well.
Good for him! Hope the transition rolls over smoothly. I'm sure his Imperial friends will keep in touch! :)
My VERY impressive Billy Track record:
....Kiril.....X1
Oh yeah! It's a record breaker and you know it!
...*sigh*...Why, oh why must Broadway be so far away! =(
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jacob Clemente

Post by ERinVA »

I have modified the title of Jacob's thread, since he is no longer Tall Boy, having now entered preparations to be Billy. However, he is not a new cast arrival, so I will leave his thread in Current Cast.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

porschesrule wrote:From the pirouette in that dance number on youtube, looks like he may have some ballet training as well. Any chance that he might actually be a Billy in training?
I wrote that on October 3rd. Can I call them or what? :lol: :lol:

Nora? Need any help in the casting department? ;)
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Congrats to Jacob! Less than two months on the job and already a promotion. :) It's interesting that he has to leave the show temporarily while he trains, whereas Tommy performed as Tall Boy during the time he was training for Billy.
:/
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Good point. But they don't need two tall boys, and they now have Kylend. Things keep evolving. At the time Tommy played t b, he was the Billy understudy, and they also had Keean, who was the Michael understudy.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

I think starting future Billys in the Tall Boy role is a great idea. It gives the boys an opportunity to get familiar with the show and cast members, thus making the transition a little bit easier.

Jacob did mention that he will fill in as Tall Boy in an emergency so he'll be able to keep in touch with his mates. After his last night as Tall Boy, he was given the trainers he wears in the show as a souvenir - nice gesture! :D
phoebe
Debbie

Post by phoebe »

CJ-Rochester wrote:Congrats to Jacob! Less than two months on the job and already a promotion. :) It's interesting that he has to leave the show temporarily while he trains, whereas Tommy performed as Tall Boy during the time he was training for Billy.
I think they are pretty needy for Billys pronto! Tommy is leaving for Chicago soon, Alex is essentially out recuperatiing, David's days are numbered, and Trent is not too far behind him. Not sure when Liam and Dayton will be ready, but it does seem that 4 Billys per production is a necessity, and from what I know, they are below that now.

I agree that starting Billys as Tall Boys is a very good way for the boy to learn the show and build some stamina. I expect that Jacob will be on a fast track to his debut as Billy, whether in NY or Chicago as understudy. When I saw his performances on YouTube, I, too, pegged him as too much of a dancer to stay as Tall Boy. Congrats to him! I'm sure he'll be terrific!
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Jacob has been announced as joining the cast of the Broadway show in the title role, with a debut date to be announced soon.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BI ... y_20100308

http://www.broadway.com/shows/billy-ell ... ly-elliot/

http://www.theatermania.com/broadway/ne ... 25576.html

Return to “Cast - Broadway”