ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

For off-topic content
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Re: ALS Ice Bucket Challenge

Post by OliverWaters »

It's weird hearing some of their real accents :p
Todd wrote:Good one, although I was thinking I'd read on here somewhere that the London show didn't allow the kids to have social media while they were still part of the current cast.
Well, his bio says "veryone is a peasant" so I guess such petty rules are beneath him :p
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Todd wrote:Good one, although I was thinking I'd read on here somewhere that the London show didn't allow the kids to have social media while they were still part of the current cast.

I get the feeling this is a losing battle. The kids seem to find ways around the rules, such as using social media only on their days off when they are under the care of their parents.
:/
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

CJ-Rochester wrote:

I get the feeling this is a losing battle. The kids seem to find ways around the rules, such as using social media only on their days off when they are under the care of their parents.
tbh it's easy to see why the rule exists. You never know who's in the audience, and if they're searchable by name, well...

kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

This is a guess, but perhaps that rule applies mainly to the cast residing in the Billy House (which has a 'duty of care' 'in loco parentis' to them). It would be hard, if not impossible, to enforce such a rule on those who live 'at home' under the supervision of parents, although guidelines can always be encouraged. Among the myriad of 'Google alerts' I receive every day, I have seen postings by parents of BETM/London cast on other websites and social network sites, which reference experiences in the show. I prefer not to quote any, but they are out there.
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

So anyone care to share their own ice bucket videos? :p

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

Here's some good news. The Ice Bucket Challenge campaign from two summers ago raised over $100M for ALS research. Today it was announced the funds raised helped researchers discover a gene linked to ALS. Discovery of this gene is an important first step that can lead to new therapies to treat the disease.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/1715 ... linked-als

Return to “General Chat”