what souvenir/prop would you like to have?

LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Re: what souvenir/prop would you like to have?

Post by LiamM »

I have a copy of the 1974 BBC Star Trek Annual, just like the one used in the show. I got mine on eBay, however.
kport
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by kport »

LiamM wrote:I have a copy of the 1974 BBC Star Trek Annual, just like the one used in the show. I got mine on eBay, however.
Like this?

http://ukbookworld.com/book-for-sale/bo ... nnual-1974
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

Yes, that's the one. I keep it in my Billy bag. I still need to get an old Rubik's Cube.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

I bet that Star Trek Annual is actually a pretty sought after item, even if it wasn't featured in BE.

I never mentioned my item, which would be a pair of ballet shoes that Billy wears during the show. I'd like to get a nice shadow box and display that along with a Playbill from that show.
Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my hands on a pair?
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Now I want that Star Trek Annual....
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:I bet that Star Trek Annual is actually a pretty sought after item, even if it wasn't featured in BE.

I never mentioned my item, which would be a pair of ballet shoes that Billy wears during the show. I'd like to get a nice shadow box and display that along with a Playbill from that show.
Anyone have any ideas on how I can get my hands on a pair?
Try e-bay. Quite a few pairs from the B'way show were sold at one of the annual fund-raising sales by Broadway Cares, and I would not be at all surprised if some of those have made it onto e-bay.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
jdmag44
Michael

Post by jdmag44 »

I too have a copy of the 1974 BBC Star Trek Annual, just like the one used in the show. I got mine on ebay in Feb there were many available back then.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Thanks guys! Looks like I'm gonna be checkin ebay for a while hahaha.
About Billy's shows.... do you know how often they are replaced? I know that dancers in professional ballets go through shoes very quickly. Some ballerina's need to use new pointe shoes every show. Does Billy go through his this quickly?
If I meet a Billy after the show, would it be rude to ask if I can have a pair? I don't wanna be rude or creepy, but that would just be the ultimate keepsake for me!
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

This article from the Ottawa Citizen (sort of) answers your question about the shoes:
• Every Billy is assigned four pairs of ballet slippers — the show pair, a backup pair, a rehearsal pair and a promotions pair.

• In each show, Billy will wear seven pairs of shoes — one pair of sneakers, three pairs of tap shoes, one pair of ballet slippers, one pair of bedroom slippers and one pair of tap covers.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/life/fashi ... z2FshwVbXQ

As you say, ballet shoes don't last that long because of the wear, so I imagine they get at least one new pair every couple of months, if not more frequently. That pair probably starts out as the "promo" pair, then becomes the "backup" pair, and then takes over as "show" pair when the old show pair becomes a "rehearsal" pair. Something like that. 8-)

As for asking a Billy for a pair, they don't belong to him. They are part of the wardrobe for the show, so I seriously doubt he could just agree to give you a pair of his ballet shoes. You would need to talk to the Wardrobe Manager, or the Company Manager. At the moment, the show is collecting for Broadway Cares. I don't know if this will still be going on in Ottawa or not, but you could offer to make a donation to BCEFA for a pair of the shoes and see what happens.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

interesting information. I had actually missed that article somehow. But I did get a nice fullpage article about BE from the actually paper... I just didn't read it yet. I bet that link you posted is part of it.
I don't think they still collect for Broadway Cares in January... but maybe they do? I would certainly be willing to make a donation. I thought that drive only lasted a week though.
Last year I spent a week in NYC and saw 8 broadway shows. They all collected for Broadway Cares, except for Billy Elliot. Probably because it was the third anniversary and there was other stuff going on that night. I would've been willing to pay for something cool though, like a backstage tour!

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”