A sequel to Billy Elliot...

rob_hanson1979
George

A sequel to Billy Elliot...

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Don't get crazy.... it's not happening...
I'm just curious as to whether or not you guys would be interested in one. Either in movie, musical, or book form.
Myself, I've always thought that there is lots more to Billy's life story than we've seen in the story we all know. I sometimes find myself thinking about his life, from his childhood and losing his mom, to his teenage years away at school in London, and then his adulthood. Does he find love? Does he have a family? What happens to his dad and Tony when the mines close? What happens to Michael and Debbie and Mrs Wilkinson?

Anyone else find themselves thinking about Billy's life and the characters?
I just feel like there are so many more stories to be told.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: A sequel to Billy Elliot...

Post by ERinVA »

This could be a great opportunity for some fan fiction. Harry Potter has his, why not Billy Elliot?

I think someone did do a bit of it on the old forum, but I have no idea how to find it. I believe it concerned Billy's arrival at the RBS.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

There is some fan fiction. I read a story online some time ago about Debbie and Michael visiting Billy at the RBS. I don't remember where I saw it.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

I would actually LOVE to write some fan fiction on it. Gonna make that another goal for this year.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

On a whim, some four hours later after my last post, I decided to get started. Have to say, I'm really, REALLY loving it so far. Will share a snippet here once I have some more written.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

Okay, here's what I've got so far. Looking forward to writing much more, but I can offer you Scene 1 of my imagined movie sequel. This is written like a book but imagined like a movie.

http://angelenroute.deviantart.com/art/ ... -357917857

Sean
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link, Sean. Interesting that you chose to continue from the film's ending. I look forward to finding out what's going on with Billy and Michael. It sounds like Billy's life is not going that well at the moment. :(

For some reason, I was expecting to read about what happens to young Billy right after he leaves Easington for the RBS in London.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
rob_hanson1979
George

Post by rob_hanson1979 »

Cush!
I'm gonna read that when I get home from dance class. I'm tempted to write some of my own as well.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

ERinVA wrote:It sounds like Billy's life is not going that well at the moment. :(

For some reason, I was expecting to read about what happens to young Billy right after he leaves Easington for the RBS in London.
You can't have the triumph over adversity without the adversity. =) And yeah, I'd just rather look at the bigger picture of what happens in the longer run a few years later.
angelenroute
Billy

Post by angelenroute »

rob_hanson1979 wrote:I'm tempted to write some of my own as well.
You should! It'd be cool if a few people tried their hand at telling whatever prequel/sequel story they want.

Return to “Non-BETM Archive”