BETM coming to Chicago March 2010

stgmom
Audience Member

BETM coming to Chicago March 2010

Post by stgmom »

Has anyone else heard the rumor that Billy Elliot the musical is opening a new production in Chicago?
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Re: Billy Elliot coming to Chicago????

Post by Billy Whiz »

No. Stephen Daldry has stated that it is going to San Francisco though.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I believe there was an article that may have mentioned the possibility a while back, but then it seemed that San Francisco became the "definite."
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Steamboy
Tall Boy

Post by Steamboy »

Although nothing has been announced yet, it will probably someday come to Chicago. I will be having to file for bankruptcy sometime shortly thereafter, since that's within day trip range for me. :shock:
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

Yes, it was definitely mentioned a while back, but the latest I've heard is San Fran. I'm sure it'll make it to Chi-town eventually though!
~Lauren~
8xTrent 3xSam 3xLayton 2xJosh F. 4xCorey
1xFox 1xHogan 2xScott 1xRhys
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
2xDaniel 2xLex 2xGuiseppe
1xKylend 1xKaine 1xJosh B.
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

BETM coming to Chicago

Post by SatinandLace »

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/ ... rnoon.html

Broadway in Chicago is expected to announce later this afternoon that the Broadway production of "Billy Elliot" is coming to Chicago in early 2010 for an extended engagement, as reported here some weeks ago.

A press event is slated for Wrigley Field, where Elton John, not coincidentally, is appearing tonight in concert with Billy Joel. John wrote the score to "Billy Elliot."

A source close to the show said that Chicago had beaten out San Francisco at the first U.S. city outside New York to snag the hit musical. Current plans call for Chicago to be first and then a separate production to open on the West Coast about six months later. More details later today.
~Lauren~
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Billy in Chicago announcement expected today!

Post by ERinVA »

I bet several of our members will be really happy about that! :D
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

Another update!

http://cbs2chicago.com/entertainment/bi ... 94710.html

Elton John's award-winning musical "Billy Elliot The Musical'' is coming to Chicago, sources tell CBS 2.

Sir Elton will make the announcement at 3 p.m. today at Wrigley Field, where he is playing a sold-out concert with Billy Joel tonight.
~Lauren~
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
Geridith
Tall Boy

Post by Geridith »

And the official word lands...

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/ ... icago.html

"Billy Elliot," the smash-hit London and Broadway musical about a young coal miner's boy who uses ballet as his escape route from a Thatcherite world of industrial strife and poverty in Northern England, is coming to Chicago.

And it is coming to stay.

At a Wrigley Field press event Tuesday timed to take advantage of the in-town presence of Elton John, the show's composer, Broadway in Chicago announced that "Billy Elliot" will open at the Oriental Theatre in March, 2010, and will remain as long as Chicagaons buy enough tickets for Billy to do his dance.

The Chicago production of the show will be the first post-Broadway production of one of the most successful productions of the current decade. The arrival of the only current Broadway show with a box-office pull that could potentially rival "Wicked" is a major coup for Broadway in Chicago, which fought hard for the show against presenters in San Francisco who also wanted their city to be the first city outside New York to stage the show.

Chicago, which could point to the three-and-a-year run of "Wicked," won out.

A separate production of the show, which dominated the 2009 Tony Awards, will open on the West Coast later in 2010.
LONDON: Liam M (1), Tom (3), Rhys Y (2), Dean Charles (1); NEW YORK: Trent (11), Tommy (10), Kiril (9), David (8), Tanner (3), Liam R (3), Dayton (3), Michael D (3), Alex (2), Jacob (1); CHICAGO: Tommy (1), Giuseppe (1), Cesar (1) = 63 shows total :)
BETMNY Billy Schedule on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/BETMNY
SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Post by SatinandLace »

Luckily, I have a friend moving to Chicago in October. I'm sure I will be paying her many visits. ;)
~Lauren~
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - Chicago”