Conversations with BETM Chicago Cast

porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Conversations with BETM Chicago Cast

Post by porschesrule »

In an article entitled "Individuality - Conversations with the Chicago Cast of Billy Elliot the Musical", the website newsvine.com talked with JP Viernes, Armand Shultz, Cynthia Darlow and and Keean Johnson:

http://mlharriswriter.newsvine.com/_new ... he-musical

I can't say I'm particularly impressed by the writer (spelling, usage, etc.), but the words of the four cast members provide some nice insights into how they view the show, their roles and living in Chicago.

P.S. Whoa!! I hadn't fully finished reading this article before i realized, at the very end, he linked to my article: Meet the Billys – Chicago: Billy Elliot the Musical (http://www.theskykid.com/finearts/billy ... s-chicago/)
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Conversations with BETM Chicago Cast

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link. Excellent "conversations." It is really nice to get the actors' takes on what they are doing.

I just wish I hadn't come to a full stop every time I hit the word "their" for "they're" and "roll" for "role," not to mention "set down" for "sit down" and "in a since" for "in a sense." :roll: For heaven's sake, M.L. Harris, get a copy editor!!! :?
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Very interesting article. I'd forgotten that Cynthia Darlow was a member of the Broadway cast. Was she the alternate Grandma ? I don't remember seeing her until I saw the show in Chicago. Neat also how the kids get together and hang out on their day off from the show. They do seem to be a very close-knit group.

And yes Ellen, you're right about the writer needing a copy editor or proof-reader. I always get confused when "their" is used for "they're" or "to" is used for "too." Sadly, his punctuation and spelling were about on par with much of the writing I get from my 8th grade students at the school where I teach.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

I didn't remember Cynthia Darlow as part of the Broadway cast either.
I suppose I should break out one of my playbills from previews and look her up. 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

The following on Cynthia Darlow appears in the cast list on Greg Jbara's website:

Cynthia Darlow
*Later Cast *has left the Broadway show
Ensemble / Grandma Stand-by
[Standby for "Grandma" during Carole Shelley's summer 2009 vacation.
Went on to originate "Grandma" in the Chicago production.]
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
tbd
Small Boy

Post by tbd »

I checked and IBDB doesn't list her either on opening night or as a replacement understudy (Merle Louise is listed). Billy Elliot is not shown on her list of credits either.

They do seem to have a fairly complete list, even including Greg Jbara, Stephen Hanna and David Bologna as replacements since they took time away. The glaring exception seems to be the lack of Tanner's name on the replacements list (for the end of May, beginning of June, 2009).

Ed
Broadway: Billy: Kiril (1), Tommy(4), Trent (2)
..........Michael: Frank (2), David (4), Keean (1)
Chicago: Billy: Tommy(3), Cesar(1), Giussepe(1), JP(1)
.......Michael: Keean (2), Gabe (2), Spencer (2)

Return to “Chat about Billy Elliot the Musical - Chicago”