Spencer Davis Milford - Tall Boy

ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Spencer Davis Milford - Tall Boy

Post by ERinVA »

Here's a lovely tribute from Dillon Stevens to Spencer, who has now stepped out of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZfN-w8P ... r_embedded
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

ERinVA wrote:Here's a lovely tribute from Dillon Stevens to Spencer, who has now stepped out of the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZfN-w8P ... r_embedded
That is really cool! Nice job, Dillon!
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

This evening was Spencer's opening night in his new show "Over The Tavern" in St. Louis. Break a leg Spencer !
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

I had the pleasure of seeing Spencer in his show "Over the Tavern" Friday night in St. Louis. He did a great job and it was fun getting to see him show off his acting talents as the featured performer.

The show is a dramatic comedy about going to Catholic school in the late 1950's, as well as a story about family interrelationships. The dad - typical of many fathers of that time - was a "provider" for his family and not as prone to show an affectionate side to his kids. This is where the friction develops, as throughout the show, we see a gradual softening of the dad towards his wife and kids. Spencer's character - Rudy - is a 7th grader who's trying to decide if the whole Catholic lifestyle is for him. He dreams of becoming one of his TV idols, such as Ed Sullivan or Jack Paar. Here Spencer gets to show off his comic talents, telling jokes and doing impersonations of some of these famous entertainers.

The acting is very good among all the performers in the show. The oldest son is played by Eric Nelsen, who was part of the cast of "13: The Musical" on Broadway. Afterwards, I was able to visit with Spencer and congratulate him on his fine work. Just as in Chicago, he was very appreciative, friendly, and enjoyable to visit with. He mentioned that the show will be going on the road to Cincinnati sometime after the new year.

This show is a good example of just how talented all the kids in "Billy Elliot" are. I'm convinced that the kids who play even the smaller parts in the show - such as tall boy or a ballet girl - could probably be a lead performer in most any other show. Spencer certainly demonstrated that in "Over The Tavern" on Friday night.
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

here is a link to some pics of Spencer in the play Over The Tavern

http://www.repstl.org/season/photos/over_the_tavern/
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Thanks for the link Mike. It looks like Spencer had a greater opportunity to show off his talents in this than in BETM.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

Has anyone heard or seen anything new that Spencer is involved with?
Mike
Ballet Girl

Post by Mike »

Spencer will continue his role as Rudy in Over The Tavern in Cincinnati:

http://www.cincyplay.com/shows/Details. ... umber=8929
mrmikerocks
Miner

Post by mrmikerocks »

That's awesome. Is the show touring or just playing in St. Louis and now Cincinnati?
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

Just St. Louis and Cincinnati at the moment. I suppose they could add more cities later, but when I spoke to Spencer at the show in St. Louis, he mentioned only these two places where the show would be playing.

Return to “Cast - Chicago”