March 2010 Reviews - Chicago

SatinandLace
Tall Boy

Re: March 2010 Reviews - Chicago

Post by SatinandLace »

Rich B wrote:Splits were done in the NY previews but not sure when they were pulled out.
Must have been VERY early on. I saw the NY show the second weekend of previews and there were no splits.
~Lauren~
8xTrent 3xSam 3xLayton 2xJosh F. 4xCorey
1xFox 1xHogan 2xScott 1xRhys
4xDavid 4xKiril 1xTanner
2xCesar 1xTommy 1xJ.P.
2xDaniel 2xLex 2xGuiseppe
1xKylend 1xKaine 1xJosh B.
Rich B
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by Rich B »

Thanks for the comments, Dell.
steadmam wrote: They may have found a solved the problem with Billy getting back to the stage at the end of the show. Normally when the show ends, the curtain come down and remains down for a awhile. How the curtain only remains down for a a second or two and it raises again, the cast come back on stage and immediately calls Billy back. So now Billy doesn't have to play human bumper car with the audience.
Good idea!

Also good to hear the audience is making a connection. :D
alexandre
Small Boy

Post by alexandre »

steadmam wrote:This isn't a review of anyone show. It's just some comments on the first 11 previews and some of the changes to the show
Thanks for the review, a relief to know they're getting it together before the official opening. I too was wondering whether they'd have a long run after seeing the first week of previews. Is the sound better, I wonder?

I'd miss that line where he hands over the money though it should've been "Some of it's in 50p's" (not most).
I don't recall the ballet girls ever turning to Billy as they march past (because there's fewer of them?)
Cesar is brilliant and deserves the reactions.

Now all they need to do is change the "Fooookin hell" to after the audience sees Michael, make Billy look down at the audience when turning left and right while singing Electricity (who else is he singing to?) and maybe a couple of things in Angry Dance.

I eagerly await these modifications :mrgreen: :lol:
Todd
Dad

Post by Todd »

steadmam wrote: but Grandma no longer return the brush off gesture, she gives him the middle finger instead (it gets the biggest laugh in the show).
I laughed out loud when I read this, so I can imagine the audience getting a good laugh from it too. It fits in nicely with what Grandma has already told us about "I'd give them all the finger" during "Grandma's Song," so it makes sense for her character. They may end up putting that in the London and New York show too, if it continues to get a big laugh in Chicago.

I also like the idea of the cast coming out on stage quicker at the end of the show so the audience knows there's still more to come, and to stay put. Either that or they could cut to black so the theater would be too dark for people to be able to see where they were going if they tried to leave !
PaulWilly
Ballet Girl

Post by PaulWilly »

Still no review about Giuseppe's first public preview?? Please someone... 8-)
(But maybe in an "April 2010 Reviews - Chicago" thread?) Many thanks!
“It is a great show that people do come and see. Because it's not
just a show for adults, or just for children, or just for people that
like theatre, I'd say for everyone, and it's got so much emotion
behind it. Because who ever comes and sees it, feels the story -
so I think: it's brilliant!" (GM)

Return to “Reviews - Chicago”