Chicago Publicity

Post links to articles, video clips, etc., that publicize the show
KR200
Small Boy

Re: Chicago Publicity

Post by KR200 »

From ABC Chicago midday news. JP/Dillon and the Ballet Girls.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/video?id=7760502&pid=7760477

Looks like the same version of Express that we saw from Alex and Dayton for Broadway on Broadway.

(Poor camera work and they totally cut them off!)
Chicago
Billy: Giuseppe x1, JP x2, Marcus x2, Tommy x1, Cesar x2
Michael: Keean x4, Dillon x3, Jack x1
Debbie: Maria x8, TB: Spencer x6, Kennedy x2, SB: Mark x6, Elijah x2

NYC
Billy: David Ax1, Tanner x1, Trent x1
Michael: Keean x1, Frank x2
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for the link. :D

I may be wrong, but I believe Dillon's name is spelled D I L L O N (as in Matt Dillon), isn't it? 8-)
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
KR200
Small Boy

Post by KR200 »

ERinVA wrote:Thanks for the link. :D

I may be wrong, but I believe Dillon's name is spelled D I L L O N (as in Matt Dillon), isn't it? 8-)

You're correct. I'm terrible with names...corrected above and in my sig. I used to always have "Keenan" instead of "Keean" in my head too!
Chicago
Billy: Giuseppe x1, JP x2, Marcus x2, Tommy x1, Cesar x2
Michael: Keean x4, Dillon x3, Jack x1
Debbie: Maria x8, TB: Spencer x6, Kennedy x2, SB: Mark x6, Elijah x2

NYC
Billy: David Ax1, Tanner x1, Trent x1
Michael: Keean x1, Frank x2
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks. :D Wanted to make sure that the title of his thread wasn't misspelled, as that would not look too good... ;)
Ellen

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

KR200 wrote:I used to always have "Keenan" instead of "Keean" in my head too!
That was a popular mistake when he first came on the scene.
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

Chicago Tribune critic Chris Jones bids a fond farewell to BETM. Among other things, he says:
The problems on the road for “Billy Elliot” aren't limited to Chicago. The Chicago production was to have become a traditional, Chicago-originating first national tour, heading to Toronto and then on to San Francisco and Los Angeles. But the cast and crew have been told that plan is off the table.

When “Billy Elliot” reopens in Toronto, it will be reorganized as a Canadian production, albeit with generous concessions, made following negotiations with the Actors Equity union, to allow most of the current U.S. cast to make the trip north. What happens thereafter will depend on how the show does in Toronto — I think it will do well in a country rather closer to English culture than here in the Midwest. But then, I also overestimated the show's appeal in Chicago.

At the end of the day, though, “Billy Elliot” currently has put two touring productions out on the North American road (the second show opened up in Raleigh, N.C., this fall), when recent box-office returns from smaller cities in the South would seem to suggest that it only ever needed one. Obviously, that second tour can also play the West Coast dates. Consolidation, and a reduction in the scale and cost of this show, are clearly inevitable.
Very interesting indeed. And that may in part explain why no further dates have been announced for the 2nd Tour's schedule beyond the end of August, 2011. San Francisco, which had been on 1st Tour's schedule to begin on September 13, 2011, could be covered by the 2nd tour if the Toronto production falls significantly short of its planned seven-month run and that production is disbanded. If Jones' is correct, it looks like the producers are keeping their options open for now, but obviously it would seem a lot depends on how well both tours do over the early months of 2011.
Billy Whiz
Gallery Admin
Gallery Admin

Post by Billy Whiz »

Here's the link to the article in case anybody wants to read the rest of it

http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/ ... -loop.html
Billy Whiz is the Gallery Admin. Please send your photos, articles etc to forum.gallery[at]billyelliottheforum.me.uk Please replace [at] with @

In the email can you also please let me know the date where and when the photo(s) was taken, who is in the photo(s) as well as your forum name.

When you send photos to the gallery can you also please PM me to let me know that you have sent them. If I don't receive them after a couple of days I can then chase them up.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by ERinVA »

Thanks for finding the article, porschesrule, and thanks for providing the link, Billy Whiz. 8-)
Ellen

CJ-Rochester
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by CJ-Rochester »

porschesrule wrote:San Francisco, which had been on 1st Tour's schedule to begin on September 13, 2011, could be covered by the 2nd tour if the Toronto production falls significantly short of its planned seven-month run and that production is disbanded.
I hope that would be the worst case scenario. Another outcome might be the Toronto production is a huge success and ends up staying longer than its initial seven months. This has happened with at least a few previous productions in Toronto. Only time will tell. It's good that the tour schedule has some flexibility built in.
:/
porschesrule
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by porschesrule »

CJ-Rochester wrote:I hope that would be the worst case scenario. Another outcome might be the Toronto production is a huge success and ends up staying longer than its initial seven months. This has happened with at least a few previous productions in Toronto. Only time will tell. It's good that the tour schedule has some flexibility built in.
I agree, Chris, that hopefully it's a worse case scenario. But one wonders how much flexibility there really is. They are committed to a September 13 start date in SF for an extended stay there. If the decision is that the 2nd Tour needs to cover that, then whatever was tentatively planned for the 2nd Tour's second year schedule would obviously have to be put on hold. If, however, things go well in Toronto and the 1st Tour will indeed cover SF, then the producers have to get bookings in place for the Fall for the 2nd Tour. In fairness to the cities/theatres involved, which work months in advance to plan their schedules, I can't imagine them going beyond a February/March timeframe to make a decision.

The other thing the Chris Jones article inferred is that early returns from the 2nd Tour performances so far may not be as good as was hoped for and that maybe America can't support two tours of this very expensive show to maintain.

Return to “Publicity - Chicago”