Musicians and technical crew

A place to discuss changes, like stage layout, scenes, costume, music etc across the shows.
ERinVA
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Musicians & Music

Post by ERinVA »

porschesrule wrote:
ERinVA wrote: Nobody can see anyone else except for the few people in his/her section, and they are all listening through headphones and watching the conductor on small video screens.

Is that true of both London and NY?
Yes, pretty much, from what I have seen.

And now that Finale has pointed out the other thread, I will add these posts to it and close this one to avoid duplication.
Ellen

"I don't want people who want to dance; I want people who have to dance.”
-George Balanchine 1904 -1983

To follow the forum's Twitter at http://twitter.com/BEForum, click on the direct link in Applies to All Forums above.
burtond
Michael

Re: Musicians and technical crew

Post by burtond »

Monday 21st Dec - Truly fantastic show :D :D :D
That said, musically, there were (in my view) some awkward moments - we seemed to be missing a Bass Guitar and the sound balance of the band in places went astray. Particularly noticible in 'Expressing yourself' when at one point, there was only one instrument playing without any accompanyment - Michael (George Maycock) and Billy (Fox) did really well to keep the tune going. We were sat at the front and we know that the MD was trying to bang out a bass to make up for the missing parts but the volume of his piano is totally controlled by the sound crew and they didn't pick this up until late in the song.
Overall though Musicians, we've heard you at lots of shows and you are great.
An ex-Regular and someone who was Passionate about the show but who has now found the rest of the WEST END.

Return to “Topics on Show: Changes/Crews (lighting, sound)/Differences etc”