Stripey's for sale on UK Ebay

Is the Music live? Where are auditons held?
Eltonjohn
Miner

Stripey's for sale on UK Ebay

Post by Eltonjohn »

Are these cast offs from the show wardrobe dept ?!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Childrens-70s ... 0709238713

16 sold , 10+ available
@ 7 pounds
as of today

(I searched 'stripey' but didn't see a posting of this link)

I see the ad was last updated in 2012!

Billy Elliot Printed Stripe Polo T-shirt
Currently being worn in the stage production of Billy Elliott, these are true 70's polo shirts. With printed stripes across the chest and sleeves, these T-shirts have a slim fit. The collar and button through placket are in a contrast colour jersey (either Bright blue, Navy or Red) that matches to the print colours. T-shirts are 65% polyester/35% white cotton single jersey.
Available in a variety of sizes, please email us stating which size you’d like to purchase. See box below for measurements:

Measurement
points 18mth-2yr 3-4yr 5-6yr 7-8yr 9-10yr
Length 39cm 44.5cm 45.5cm 46.5cm 50cm
Chest 26.5cm 32.5cm 33cm 37cm 38cm
Hem 26.5cm 32cm 31.5cm 35.5cm 37.5cm

Please note that measurements will vary slightly between items and that these are to be used as a guideline only.

Please note that these items are original vintage pieces and were made a long time ago. As such, they were not subject to the same testing standards as today’s garments and while we will check goods for any defaults and have washed samples to ensure they can withstand today’s modern machines, we can make no guarantee as to the safety or content of fabrics and fastenings of these items.

Postage:
All our items are sent via Second Class Royal Mail. If you wish us to send your parcel via 1st Class post please contact us before purchasing to let us know as the price will vary
Upon receipt of payment goods will be dispatched within 2 working days.
Items can only be dispatched during business hours Monday – Friday, we apologize for any inconvenience caused. Excludes public holidays.
Save on postage with multiple purchases! Discounts will be offered when buying more than 1 item.

Returns – Due to these items being vintage we will not accept returns. Please check measurements carefully prior to purchase to ensure that you receive the correct size.

Business seller information
EMA Textiles Ltd.
VAT number: UK 243188757
BETM: "the most expensive school play ever."
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Re: Stripey's for sale on UK Ebay

Post by OliverWaters »

I doubt they're cast-offs, they're being sold by "EMA Textiles Ltd". Maybe EMA supply the polos for the show, though? They're pretty nice polos tbh, so I can see why people would want to buy them - especially if they're in ... mint condition 8-)
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

Dream Ballet shirts too; also from 2012

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Childrens-80s ... 0709228470
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
LiamM
Technical Advisor
Technical Advisor

Post by LiamM »

They only have really small sizes. My guess is that the BETM company bought all the ones big enough to fit a Billy. They also have the "Stars Look Down" shirt.
Eltonjohn
Miner

Post by Eltonjohn »

OliverWaters wrote:I doubt they're cast-offs, they're being sold by "EMA Textiles Ltd". Maybe EMA supply the polos for the show, though? They're pretty nice polos tbh, so I can see why people would want to buy them - especially if they're in ... mint condition 8-)
Oh, right! '18 months - 2 years' old size shirts cannot be cast offs... unless they're hatching and raising baby Billies :-)
Lee Hall
in Playbill October 2008
StevenKing
Mrs Wilkinson

Post by StevenKing »

That would explain where the hell they find them :)
Terpsichore
Audience Member

Post by Terpsichore »

does anyone know if one can still buy them since the seller is "away until may 2013" but never returned? I'd love to get one or 2, doesn't matter if they're tiny.
OliverWaters
Ballet Girl

Post by OliverWaters »

Terpsichore wrote:does anyone know if one can still buy them since the seller is "away until may 2013" but never returned? I'd love to get one or 2, doesn't matter if they're tiny.
Scroll down to seller details, and there's a button for contact details, drop 'em a line :)
Occam's razor: The simplest answer is the most probable.

Oliver's razor: The most boring answer is the most probable.
Terpsichore
Audience Member

Post by Terpsichore »

head-> desk.....
sometimes the simple things don't come to mind... thank you!

Return to “Information/Questions about BETM”